Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Pressing Question - Superlocked or Not-Superlocked?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Pressing Question - Superlocked or Not-Superlocked?

OK, I'm looking for some of that good Disco3 advice regarding the way the locks work from the remote. I'm obviously inept at reading the manual as I can't find this Embarassed

Firstly:
One press of lock button on the remote Superlocks and sets the volumetric alarm.
Immediate second press of lock button, disables superlock and volumetric alarm, but doors remain locked.

So the big questions are:
1. What state does a third (or further) immediate press of the lock button leave the car in.
2. What state does a third (or further) subsequent press of the lock button leave the car in (i.e. half an hour later).
Either of these causes an audible click from the doors, I just don't know what state they are in after each press. Does it toggle between modes or remain un-superlocked?

Secondly:
I use the programmable third button to open the tailgate whilst the car is superlocked. I can put stuff in the car without the alarm going off, so I assume it's stood down when I opened the tailgate.

Question is, what state is the car left in if I just shut the tailgate. Does it revert to superlocked automatically? Should I press lock to reset, or will this un-superlock it?

Thanks in advance for your help Smile
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #15106622nd Apr 2007 11:14 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

subsequent presses outside of the 90 seconds window (IIRC) shouldn't change the lock state, I also use the programmble button to open the tailgate and have found that once the interior lights extinguish then full interior protection functionality resumes 8) superlocking is still active assuming it was locked with 'single press' the noise from the door motors is 'different' from the superlock application on subsequent locking commands and appears to be superficial

Post #15108222nd Apr 2007 11:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks TFC! Thumbs Up
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #15117723rd Apr 2007 11:54 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >