Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Prewarned is forearmed...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
hgrimmett

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
Prewarned is forearmed...

We've had our MY15 D4 about 6 months, bought from an LR dealer, it's 2 months out of LR warranty but is covered by an Approved Used warranty. A door latch failure on one of the rear doors means the car's not secure. The 'local' dealer can't see the car for 4 weeks so I've approached the local garage who see loads of Discos. The warning they've given me is that the warranty company will try to treat it as wear and tear and decline the claim.

That seems a bit pessimistic to me as I can't see it as anything other than warranty fault.

When I call tomorrow, they'll either accept it or not. What is people's experience, if any in this regard, and if they refuse it is there anything I can usefully say on the call to dispute it?

Thanks!
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
D4 '15 (64) Se Tech Indus Silver
Tesla Model Y LR (22)
Audi TT Roadster 225 (52)
Tesla Model 3 LR (70) (gone)
Porsche Boxster '96 2.5 5spd project (P)
Mini R52 S (54)
BMW 330e eDrive MSport '16 (gone)
D3 '07 (56) XS TDV6 Buckingham Blue (gone) 

Post #192627914th Mar 2018 11:27 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Don't do it through a 3rd party ...call LRA and they will have to deal with it

Quote:
EVERY APPROVED LANDROVER INCLUDES:
Two Year unlimited mileage Land Rover Approved Warranty
Designed specifically for Land Rovers less than five years old and with less than 100,000 miles at the time of purchase. Work is only ever undertaken by Land Rover Trained Technicians using Genuine Parts, approved tools and diagnostic equipment. Nothing less.
There are no limits to the number of claims that can be made, up to the vehicle purchase price, and the Warranty covers you for two years with no mileage restrictions. This is only available through an authorised Land Rover Retailer.

Two Year UK and European Roadside Assistance
Land Rover Assistance has been created to give you complete reassurance and should you ever need it, a truly seamless service. It covers eventualities from immobilisation due to breakdown or accident, to minor emergencies such as a puncture or lost keys. Your vehicle will be covered for the entire duration of the warranty period and operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year.Rest assured; should you need home start, onward travel arrangements, vehicle recovery or accommodation, they are all included. Additional information can be found within the Land Rover Approved Warranty booklet.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #192628314th Mar 2018 11:36 pm
Dave T

England 

A door latch should last more than 3 years so surely would be hard to put down to wear and tear, I think you are worrying too much........hopefully. Thumbs Up
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #192630915th Mar 2018 8:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I replaced a door latch on a 13plate Freelander 2 Just last week, all covered under LRA warranty Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #192632015th Mar 2018 8:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >