Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

PTI Antenna...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
couchsachraga

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 Base 7 Seat Auto Zermatt SilverLR3
PTI Antenna...

As we all know, no phone is currently made that fits the "old" Nokia CR-3 cradle. Yes, you can get phones a few years old, but I've a better thought. The center "socket" appears to be the antenna RF connector...so, if we can figure out what type of RF connector it is, a short pigtail will allow us to connect to the external antenna, and if you can also link your phone via Bluetooth, the only thing you're missing is charging for basic operation....

So, my question is... Has anyone gone down this route before, and figured out what type of RF connector it is? It's bigger than a FME, but looks smaller than a mini UHF....

And for those of you who have removed the "fin" and antenna completely - is there another connection back there (in case this "internal" one is proprietary to Nokia)?

In the end I can always cut the cable and splice on a new end, but there's not much room to work with, and an adapter that essentially "replaces" the cradle (which is an inductive coupler for the antenna, BTW) would be much better, IMhO.

Thank you for any and all insights!
Adam

Post #30845310th Jun 2008 1:51 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >