Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

PTI help!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I had various PTI problems. Dealer replaced the phone cradle & did another download, all is now fine.

Post #1151093rd Jan 2007 3:06 pm
afp001

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

All this info is very useful, I've just got back from my hols so as yet I've not had the time to deal with the problem. My dealer is quite helpful. I will ask him to get a phone module in stock to speed up the diagnostics. As I have had faultless service with the PTI until now, and I heard crackles from the speakers, my thinking is that it is the car and not the phone or cradle at fault.
 TDV6 SE auto, Java / Alpacca
2010 Mini Cooper S Conv. Pepper White, Blue roof
2010 Jaguar XJ, Caviar with Cashew seats, B&W 1200W Hifi 

Post #1151223rd Jan 2007 3:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
afp001

Re: PTI help!

afp001 wrote:
Until today, my Nokia 6230 has lived in it's LR cradle and the PTI has been perfect. The enhanced signal, battery charging, phone book displayed on the head unit etc.
A few days ago however, when I made some calls there was a crackle from the speaker but the calls were fine. Yesterday I made a call, I had full signal strength, the number was displayed but I could not hear the other party nor they me. I thought sod it I'll deal with it tomorrow. Today I got a message on the IHU telling me that the phone was not connected. I took the phone out of the cradle switched it off and on again and locked it back in the cradle. This time There was a message on the phone ' ENHANCEMENT NOT SUPPORTED'. Took the phone out again and removed the battery. Put it all back together again, same message. I then tried switching the Bluetooth on. This works fine albiet with the limited functionality.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers

Alan

I had the PTI module changed 2 weeks ago. Apart from having to clean the phone and cradle contacts, all is well again. Oh, of course I had to re-enter all my voice tags again.

Cheers, Alan

Post #12944612th Feb 2007 7:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cheddarwards

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

My car also had a new phone module fitted last week, when i put the phone in the display changed to say phone connected, however i still have the crackles & on the 3 occasions i have used the phone in the car since i have been cut off of speakerphone half way through the call.

Booked in again for 2 weeks time for a 3rd module to be fitted!

On a side note i have now requested a collection service as i am fed up of driving the Ford Focus 1.6tdci CL as a loan vehicle (they tell me this is all they have). I cannot believe that they give the Focus to drivers of 65K FFRR as well?

Post #12950712th Feb 2007 10:29 pm
afp001

I had the same problem with crackles and the call being cut off. I removed the phone from the cradle and the cradle from the mount. I then dry polished the contacts with a sheet of A4 photocopy paper. Re-fitted the cradle and phone. Now perfect.

Cheers, Alan

Post #12957713th Feb 2007 12:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >