Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

PTI help!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
afp001

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
PTI help!

Until today, my Nokia 6230 has lived in it's LR cradle and the PTI has been perfect. The enhanced signal, battery charging, phone book displayed on the head unit etc.
A few days ago however, when I made some calls there was a crackle from the speaker but the calls were fine. Yesterday I made a call, I had full signal strength, the number was displayed but I could not hear the other party nor they me. I thought sod it I'll deal with it tomorrow. Today I got a message on the IHU telling me that the phone was not connected. I took the phone out of the cradle switched it off and on again and locked it back in the cradle. This time There was a message on the phone ' ENHANCEMENT NOT SUPPORTED'. Took the phone out again and removed the battery. Put it all back together again, same message. I then tried switching the Bluetooth on. This works fine albiet with the limited functionality.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers

Alan
 TDV6 SE auto, Java / Alpacca
2010 Mini Cooper S Conv. Pepper White, Blue roof
2010 Jaguar XJ, Caviar with Cashew seats, B&W 1200W Hifi 

Post #10963913th Dec 2006 4:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DrLex

Iceland 

Have you tried taking the cradle off the mount and then remounting it? I find the connector to be pretty poor (just like the supposed SE T610 'compatibility')
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #10965813th Dec 2006 6:14 pm
afp001

Yep, tried that. I think the connectors are good. It would be nice to try another phone though.

Post #10966813th Dec 2006 6:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cheddarwards

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have had exactly the same problem with my cradle, the phone still charges whilst sat in position but i get the same error message. The phone is also struggling to connect via bluetooth & approx 50% of the time now the message on the stereo states no phone connected.

I originally thought that the problem was down to my 12 month old 6230i, but i have just replaced that with a new one & the problem is still there. I have also removed the cradle & cleaned all the contacts to ensure a good connection but all to no avail.

It is only a small problem, but somewhat annoying. It doesn't really warrant a 50 mile round trip to the dealer, so i guess i'll have to live with it until the first service.

Post #10969713th Dec 2006 7:56 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

do Nokia broadcast 'over the air' firmware updates?
Think the clue is in the 'enhancement not supported' message Confused

Post #10970013th Dec 2006 8:01 pm
Pelyma

England 

My 6230i works fine in the cradle
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #10970613th Dec 2006 8:24 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4
Re: PTI help!

afp001 wrote:
Until today, my Nokia 6230 has lived in it's LR cradle and the PTI has been perfect. The enhanced signal, battery charging, phone book displayed on the head unit etc.
A few days ago however, when I made some calls there was a crackle from the speaker but the calls were fine. Yesterday I made a call, I had full signal strength, the number was displayed but I could not hear the other party nor they me. I thought sod it I'll deal with it tomorrow. Today I got a message on the IHU telling me that the phone was not connected. I took the phone out of the cradle switched it off and on again and locked it back in the cradle. This time There was a message on the phone ' ENHANCEMENT NOT SUPPORTED'. Took the phone out again and removed the battery. Put it all back together again, same message. I then tried switching the Bluetooth on. This works fine albiet with the limited functionality.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sounds like the telephone module has gone up the creek, and will need to be replaced/reflashed. It is much less likely to be the cradle.

Post #10971313th Dec 2006 9:02 pm
afp001

Re: PTI help!

This is my hope. I don't think this is related, but the cars software was recently updated with the enhancement programme.

Post #10971413th Dec 2006 9:10 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

check your phone has the minimum firmware version listed as supported on the LR website first, that way they can't claim it's your problem Wink

Post #10971513th Dec 2006 9:14 pm
Hijack

Poland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

10forcash wrote:
do Nokia broadcast 'over the air' firmware updates?
Think the clue is in the 'enhancement not supported' message Confused

6230i is not on the list of handsets supported by the over the air nor via USB updates so nothing was changed without Alan's knowledge

Anyway, the updates must me initiated and accepted by the phone user...

One thing that can be tried is to restore "Factory/original phone settings" somewhere under Settings-Phone Settings-General (do not have 6230 with me at the moment so I look at N73 menu...). The lock code is 12345. This is "almost" a hard reset of the handset - so all customisations (wallpapers, ringtones etc) will be lost. It is also worth save all contacts to PC, or SIM before just in case.

As a last resort the phone would have to be reflashed where it was bought - many operator shops, Carphone Warehouse etc should be able to do it.

Of course there is possibility mentioned by Winger that car system is the reason for all this and it needs to be reflashed Smile...

Too much software everywhere around us - some time ago I had my TV reflashed .... Laughing

Post #10971713th Dec 2006 9:24 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

My money is on a failed telephone module: that is what the phone is telling you Wink

Post #10971813th Dec 2006 9:32 pm
afp001

I have to step into the loop somewhere. The easiest place to start is by restoring the factory default settings of the phone. I'll revive this thread to help others when things are sorted.

Thanks for the help chaps.

Cheers

Alan

Post #10971913th Dec 2006 9:33 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Winger wrote:
My money is on a failed telephone module: that is what the phone is telling you Wink
5 minute job to replace if it is Very Happy The End  
Post #10972113th Dec 2006 9:42 pm
cheddarwards

I think that it must be a fault within the module as i have 2 6230i's & neither work in the cradle now. One of the phones was fresh out of the box & still had all it's factory defaults set & it still had all the same issues as the older phone.

To the dealer i go then

Post #10973113th Dec 2006 10:13 pm
cheddarwards

I have finally got around to getting this issue sorted, i rang the dealer today to book the car in for a couple of niggles & pointed the phone PTI issue out as one of them. The dealer thinks that it is not a car issue at all & that it is actually down to the phone software. They state that the car will eventually lock the PTI system up after a period of time if the phone is on the wrong software update. LR suggest i take the phone into carphone warehouse & get them to update the software (to either issue 3.5, 3.62 or 3.70) & then take the car back to the dealer as the system may actually require unlocking again even though the phone software is now correct.

Clear as mud i'm sure you'll agree.

Post #1150883rd Jan 2007 2:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >