Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

PTI Query
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Pelyma

England 

Don't look in the memory straight away because sometimes it says that anyway Sad
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #6530821st Jun 2006 5:35 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks, I have transferred all my tel. no.s onto the new 6230i, so assume the memory Isn't empty!
I'll give it a go in a minute.

Post #6530921st Jun 2006 5:36 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

something amiss then ? I've not found that happening since the patch was applied on mine.
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #6531021st Jun 2006 5:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Mine doesn't need the patch as its not the i, but if you are too quick using the book it will come up memory empty.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #6531221st Jun 2006 5:39 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

O.K, just tried the phone in the cradle, MEMORY EMPTY is displayed when I try to access anything. So I guess it's off to the dealer. At least L/R have agreed for me to have the download for free if I needed it, originally the dealer was going to charge for it Shocked
BTW, I didn't realise that the PTI requires Bluetooth, I imagined that the cradle linked it all up. I originally put the phone into the cradle with Bluetooth off, system said no phone connected.
I'm feeling far to old for all this hi-tech stuff, hopefully the dealer can easily demonstrate how the Censored thing works. Otherwise I'll borrow someones teenager for an hour.

Post #6532221st Jun 2006 6:01 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

Make sure the phone is turned on before you slot it into the cradle. I’ve noticed sometimes, that if you have the car switched on, but slot in an “off “ phone, the system seems to get a little confused. Rolling Eyes

So I generally make sure to have the phone switched on, before slotting in & all seems to be ok. Once you do that, you can turn on or off the phone using the PTI system. It’s the initial “Hello car I’m here” that the system sometimes misses.

But I must admit to have the 6230, rather than the 6230i. So in general all is rosy in my PTI world. 8)

If you’re using the phone in the cradle you don’t need Bluetooth, for the system to work. It should all link up nicely once in the cradle.

So I fear that if you’re having trouble with the link up, you may very well need the patch.

But at least you seem to have a deal to get it FOC…….as it should be IMHO.

Last edited by zebadee on 21st Jun 2006 6:16 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #6532421st Jun 2006 6:15 pm
afp001

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

When you get it up and running, remember that you get the benefit of the improved antenna connection. I live in a dodgy signal area. If I connect with BT the system is at best average. When connected via the cradle, the system is brilliant. Having a signal strength display is another bonus.
 TDV6 SE auto, Java / Alpacca
2010 Mini Cooper S Conv. Pepper White, Blue roof
2010 Jaguar XJ, Caviar with Cashew seats, B&W 1200W Hifi 

Post #6532521st Jun 2006 6:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ken

LT

You don’t need BT

The PTi works with “Cradle” or “BT”

Put phone in Cradle with BT off if it states phone not connected then you need the patch if it connects, phone a number on the radio pad then hang up then redial using the green phone button on your steering wheel , if it re-dials all is well and the numbers are stored on your phone incorrectly either to phone or sim. If however it wont re-dial and states memory empty then this confirms you need the patch

By pressing the phone button on the radio this will confirm how the phone is connected either BT or your network provider if the latter once again this means your phone cradle works

If the above is clear as mud PM me your mobile number and I’ll talk you though the process

Post #6532721st Jun 2006 6:17 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

LT wrote:
I didn't realise that the PTI requires Bluetooth

As mentioned, it doesn't.

You clearly need the upgrade.

If the cradle is working properly, with the phone docked pull the green phone paddle on the steering wheel and you'll get your operator ID and signal strength showing up on the IHU - it doesn't do this with Bluetooth.

I am pretty certain that you will need the update.

Post #6533521st Jun 2006 6:46 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

this LR doc makes it pretty easy!

http://www.landrover.com/assets/gb/en/Vehi..._Guide.pdf

M
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #6535621st Jun 2006 7:22 pm
LT

Thanks everyone, unfortunately the download is required Sad which is a bit of a pain. I think I'll get an oil/filter change at the same time, as I can't cope with the idea of running it to 15k miles regardless of the advances in oil etc.
Good news is that L/R Customer Care straight away insisted that the cost of the download (basically labour charge) would be covered under goodwill, without any prompting from myself. Smile

Post #6555322nd Jun 2006 12:39 pm
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

I too have a nokia 6230i and a CR3 cradle and it doesn't work either. Just says 'Phone not connected' when phone is in cradle and turned on with BT off.

My car was in dealers this morning for a dicky door lock and I asked them to apply the patch to the phone system. They rang me later and told me that they had done the full 'Enhancement' progamme on my car and said it included the phone patch but the phone still doesn't work in the cradle so looks like they were telling me porkies Evil or Very Mad

Worst of all, they've just overwritten my TurboChip upgrade but that's another thread Big Cry
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #6556322nd Jun 2006 1:07 pm
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I was told the enhancement did the upgrade to let the 6230i work, but when I tried one there yesterday it doesn't work, so it doesnt look like the enhancement upgrades actually upgrade the pti!
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #760445th Aug 2006 11:52 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

The Enhancement Programme doesn't include the PTI update.

Post #760636th Aug 2006 8:44 am
JustinL

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I can report that with the upgrade the 6230i works brilliantly in the PTI cradle allowing you easy navigation through your phone book and most recently dialled numbers via the controls on your steering wheel and/or your ice controls.

Alhtough it is a little fiddly when you first try when you get the hang of it its worthwhile.

Only minor moan is if you receive texts or messages they are not displayed on the ice screen.
 D3 TDV6 S Buckingham Blue  
Post #760736th Aug 2006 11:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >