Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Puncture advice (update)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Malcolm

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

hmm in the words of the late great Barry Sheene when asked what goes through your mind when you loose control at over 100mph he wisely answered "your ar**hole". The idea of best part of 3 tonnes of D3 with Reliant Robin configuration is not something I ever wish to try.......damaged tyre=unacceptable risk Exclamation Exclamation
 Alive and kicking..who's round is it anyway ??  
Post #3997830th Jan 2006 12:08 pm
Jamo

Australia 

I agree, get a new tyre.

Although, having said that, I cracked a rim and blew a tyr at 110kph on a corrugated gravel road in the D3. The traction control took over and the car didn't budge off line. If it hadn't been for the bang, the flapping sound and a reduction in forward momentum, I don't think I'd have known the tyre had burst!

GET A NEW TYRE!
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #3997930th Jan 2006 12:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Malcolm

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Jamo,
You get good weather and fun surfaces to drive....not fair Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
 Alive and kicking..who's round is it anyway ??  
Post #3998130th Jan 2006 12:38 pm
ally

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Tyre no longer damaged.....fixed! To an industry/british standard which in my opinion is as good as! If I had to spend £180 every time I got a puncture it would be unacceptable. The D3 in my mind is not a high speed vehicle. I have done many track days in my old focus RS which repaired tyres all all were ok.

As for Punctureseal. My work mate supplies it to the local LR dealer as well as BMW and Mercedes. The local police are also giving it a trial.

Post #3998230th Jan 2006 12:39 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

can't see the problem with repairing a deflation type puncture within the permitted tread area myself. To my mind, even if the repair failed, it would be no worse that the cause of the puncture in the first place. if the structure of the tyre started to disintegrate, you would notice a wobble caused by the 'egg' in the tyre long before catastrophic failure. That said, each puncture should be dealt with on it's own merits. Most catastrophic failures occur due to cuts on the inboard facing tyre sidewall which are rarely, if ever looked for.

Post #3998530th Jan 2006 12:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Yes tfc, but they have to play safe with the "turn the radio up brigade" Wink

How many times have you passed a car on the motorway with an obviously defective tyre? I see loads with partly deflated tyres, driving on as if nothing is wrong! I see tyres loosing the tread, it must be causing a lot of noise, but the numpty driving just turns the radio up! how good is that eh?

No, the rules are there to cope with the numpty's of this world who choose not to notice the signs of impending failure and death

Post #4016830th Jan 2006 9:54 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

fair point Embarassed although I think disco3'ers are more discerning generally Wink

Post #4017330th Jan 2006 9:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >