Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Purchasing a 2012MY - When?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
berneslai

Purchasing a 2012MY - When?

Hi,

I'm about to take the plunge and buy my first Disco. I should have the money I need for the initial deposit by late April/early May so I feel I may as well wait for the 2012MY (whatever that may be).

Does anyone know at what point LR will take orders for the new model? Does anyone know anything about it?

Post #77563218th Mar 2011 12:09 am
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Unless you think there are major changes in the pipeline (and there is a rumour that the 2012 D4 will be getting the 8 speed box...), I would suggest that you simply take the plunge and place your order as soon as you are ready!

I hung on for the 2011 MY but then I wanted a Commercial and had a sneaky feeling that they would be phasing out the old 2.7 engine to bring the newer Commercials in line with the rest of the range. This turned out to be true and I have to say that the 3.0L (244BHP) version is an absolute blast...

However, the pain of dealing with disinterested dealers (who, to be fair, couldn't get information from LR anyway...) and the complete embargo on information being released for about 8 weeks prior to the actual launch, followed by the factory build process being delayed due to the popularity of the vehicle...

Bah, humbug, 2012 MY.... like I say, just go for it, the car will be awesome!

Good luck (and welcome to the forum...)
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #77629919th Mar 2011 10:54 pm
doubledoom

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

2012MY will be sept delivery with ordering from around late June, early July. Based on last year, you wont know the changes until June/July. Likely to be very minor as they were last year.

Post #77726922nd Mar 2011 12:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >