Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Question for the FBH Guru's on here
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mattlidster

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Question for the FBH Guru's on here

Ok we have now had a below 4 degrees temp down here and my timed climate and FBH still will not fire up! It seems to try but does not actually fire. What am I missing guys? is there a relay or fuse that has been removed? What else can I look for? The only time it does fire up is if I start the engine it fired up from a cold start so it def works, it just isn't firing from the dash controls! Big Cry

Post #86948211th Dec 2011 9:58 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

If it runs from normal engine start when the temp is right then the system is all functioning and working as it should, you need to look at the remote start side of it.

When you start it remotely lift the bonnet and listen to the FBH and come back and tell us what its doing ie does it run up to full speed then die or does it not run at any speed and just goes through the motions of a start.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #86950411th Dec 2011 10:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mattlidster

I havent got a remote as yet so need to buy one, any pointers as to who has them?

Post #86950711th Dec 2011 10:55 am
Flack

What's your settings on the car for the timed setup. I meant remote in the system starting it not a remote controller.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #86951611th Dec 2011 11:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mattlidster

Sorry how can I tell? I had the timed climate turned on by a local garage so I have the screen with the 2 times plus the manual vent and manual heat buttons. If I press vent it fire up the blowers if I press heat it tries to but nothing seems to happen unless either the engine is warm and it then blows through warm air or yesterday am when the engine was cold I started the engine then switched it straight of and the FBH sounded like it was spooling up to do something and then it all went off when the radio did!

Post #86952211th Dec 2011 11:22 am
Flack

Sounds like you need a visit to the dealers am I right in your reply that when you press the manual button the fbh tries to run up then it shut's down and so did the radio?. What was the Temp reading on your dash ?

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #86956611th Dec 2011 3:08 pm
mattlidster

Sort of, however it is more like the auto sleep mode the car has when you turn the ignition off, everything stays live for a while then it all goes off automatically. The temp yesterday morning was 3 degrees and when I started the engine the FBH was whirring away and the little exhaust was also hot so it is def working, i was wondering if there is a fuse or another relay that is missing or if there was a setting in the ccf that needs changing as well as the screen controls being activated

Post #86957611th Dec 2011 4:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >