Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

A Few Questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Or wrap it in a blanket and drop it into the space. Mind you I don't have a tow bar, I've got recovery strops, shovel, blanket etc there!
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #155306429th Oct 2015 11:21 pm
Chobby

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
Re: A Few Questions

Chobby wrote:
Hello there,

I'd like to start by thanking everyone on this forum as from browsing it as a guest there is such a wealth of information and knowledge it is simply brilliant, I have learnt lots, but alas I still have a few questions.

I have recently purchased my discovery 4 and I have a few upgrades/modifications I would like to do with it, some of which I have unfortunately been unable to find the answer to and hence I'm asking.

1) I am looking to upgrade sone standard halogen bulbs to led's. I've already swapped my puddle lights for led's, just half**ds 501 led 5w. They're very good a nice white light. I'm looking to swap my number plate lights now I did consider these and went to see how the look but they don't fit in the housing!

So, question no. 1....
What would be a good choice for led number plate lights, I'm also going to get led front indicator lights (recommended in another thread) but what about side repeaters?

Anyway question 2

I have just bought a set of xenon headlights off an hse model (fairy lights present) when I program it what do I need to do to activate said lights? I'm also going to replace the standard halogen bulb with a night breaker.

Question 3, don't worry nearly there

I'm looking into the rear climate control. I removed the rear light unit where the controls would be and there is a bit of wiring loom with a spare (currently unused) connector taped up. If this is for the controls would it be a straight swap and a program?

Now finally, Driver memory seat?

The previous owner had the electric seat and armrest pack option. This obviously gives motorised adjustment (not steering column) I've had a look under the seat, after fighting with the front panel (ouch), and can't see any spare connectors. I wanted to have a look behind the door handle but for the life of me can't get the trim off. Now if there is a wiring loom in place could a memory seat ecu be fitted with a door handle with appropriate switches and a quick program?

I do apologise for my less than concise questioning. I would be great full for any information

Thank you in advance

Joe

So 3/4 questions answered.

Number plate lights sorted, although one has started flickering so need to source some replacements, shoved some spare ones in for the time being. Interior lights sorted just some warm white 3000k LEDs for all interior lights.

Xenon so simple ccf edit, sorted.

Rear climate control, Next!!

Just retrofitting the memory seat module and switches still looking into.

Loving my d4 will probably do a post in another thread of all mods once I've sourced my second xenon and then both fitted.
 Now with: Tow bar & storage, Xenon's, Remote Timed Climate, Mood Lighting, Cubby Fridge, DRL's & Mud Flaps

Accessories: Rubber Mats, Spare Wheel Cover, LR Tyre Pressure Gauge, Warning Triangle, LED's throughout & Leather Gear Selector Top

Further Planned retrofits: 13 pin Tow Electrics & Heated Steering Wheel

Possibilities: Blackvue, Rear Seat Heaters & Memory Seat

Post #156381419th Nov 2015 9:40 pm
J77

Scotland 

LEDs from Advanced Factors for the number plate, they are bright. No problems with them flickering.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #156410720th Nov 2015 11:33 am
Chobby

Cheers will have a look, going to look for led side repeaters as well.

Does anyone know the part numbers for the receiver, antenna & remote etc. For the park heater.

Looking to getting all the parts together ready to fit.
 Now with: Tow bar & storage, Xenon's, Remote Timed Climate, Mood Lighting, Cubby Fridge, DRL's & Mud Flaps

Accessories: Rubber Mats, Spare Wheel Cover, LR Tyre Pressure Gauge, Warning Triangle, LED's throughout & Leather Gear Selector Top

Post #156423120th Nov 2015 2:36 pm
dlgis

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Here,s the remote heater part numbers I noted from other posts as I'm about to fit this myself Smile

1) Receiver -old Part No LR008656 replaced by new Part No LR 036695
2) Antenna -old Part No LR008654 replaced by new Part No LR 021140
3) Remote -Part No LR027493

Darryl
 D4 GS 12MY  
Post #156442020th Nov 2015 7:26 pm
Chobby

Thanks,

I've had a look and from what I can find;

Receiver - £150
Antenna - £30
Remote Fob - £40

The fobs are quite expensive, considering what they are and the fact I want two. The rest isn't too bad. Where does the antenna need to be mounted or where would it be mounted on a factory install.

Post #156444020th Nov 2015 8:04 pm
dlgis

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Prices look about right. Most seem to suggest putting the aerial behind the D (or C) pillar trim, but as the remote apparently has a range of up to a kilometre I may just leave mine loose next to where the receiver fits so I don't risk breaking the trim clips!
 D4 GS 12MY  
Post #156451920th Nov 2015 9:47 pm
Chobby

Oh cheers. A kilometre that's a bloody long range. I will probably put it behind the c pillar trim though thanks. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post #156452320th Nov 2015 9:54 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

When I fitted mine I took the aerial wire up from the receiver and through a grille in the o/s/r side panel, I'll take a photo of it tomorrow if I remember. It means you don't have to remove the side panel Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #156459820th Nov 2015 11:44 pm
Chobby

Oh that sounds like a much better way to do it. Ice looked at the manual on how to recover the c pillar upper trim. Looks OK but any simpler ways are good for me.

Post #156509821st Nov 2015 9:42 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Sorry forgot to take a photo yesterday, this is how I have routed mine, I've just pulled the cable up a little bit so you can see where it goes Thumbs Up

Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #156537922nd Nov 2015 2:41 pm
Chobby

That does look very neat. Just got to assemble the parts, but got to get my other headlight first before I start another project.

Post #156600323rd Nov 2015 4:47 pm
Chobby

Just had another thought, if I manage to get the memory seat sorted. How easy would it be to change the steering column for a electric one to complete the memory seat package ie. Dipping mirrors seat adjust and steering column.

I keep finding more things I want to fit!

Post #156601723rd Nov 2015 5:02 pm
Chobby

WOOOOOO!!! Just bought my O/S Headlight unit.

Part No. AH22-13W029-FD

So as soon as that gets here i will fit my nightbreaker is the high beam and put both units in with a quick ccf edit and i will be able to see where I'm going.

Post #156684324th Nov 2015 9:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >