Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Radio/cd/sat nav blank at start up
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
John Fair

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Radio/cd/sat nav blank at start up

Right ive done the search thing but cannot find the answers im looking for so here goes.As above my radio was inop at start up but you could still hear the cd tray moving if selected.The car was restarted but not locked and unlocked and the fault was still there and on driving dovn the road the sat nav screen then went off. Later in the day after the car had stood all was back to normal.I have booked it into the dealers to look at it and some other warranty issues (seat belt buckle loose!) and he suggested that it was a low battery due to short jouneys and i should start the car and then switch off relock etc before drive off to charge the battery and allow my radio to work. Exclamation I expressed my displeasure in that the car is an 8.5my bought new in Dec and has done 9000 miles since i bought it which is not what i call short journeys and if he thought that i was going to go through his suggested start proccedure every day on a £55k car so the radio worked he was in for a surprise. My question is has anyone had a problem like this as the car is being picked up on Wed and i would like to be one step ahead of the dealers and his repair, whatever that may be?

Post #28588512th Apr 2008 9:25 pm
paynetec

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Atacama SandLR3

Looks like I just experienced my first case the same as you! Did you manage to get it sorted?

Cheers

CP

Post #3068705th Jun 2008 1:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >