Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Range Rover digital lcd instrument cluster retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 28 of 37 <123 ... 272829 ... 353637>
thp

United States 2015 LR4 3.0 SCV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyLR4

Anyone have more pictures of the modifications they did to the display and cluster area so I can wrap my head around how much of the interior I'll be destroying? And what worked best for everyone? Dremel cutting wheel or tiny plastic saw?

Post #220512525th Jan 2021 6:35 am
Yargo

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

thp,

Its more than just software. There is custom made PCB for this mod. Its now in final testing phase, will be out shortly.

This is how it looks:
Click image to enlarge

Last edited by Yargo on 9th Feb 2021 3:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #220512725th Jan 2021 6:49 am
thp

Can anyone help with pointers on this? I am really struggling.

L322 Cluster - I've pulled the data off the chip and located the VIN and Display Description.

L319 Cluster - I've pulled the data off the chip and located the VIN and Display Description.
I've pulled the data before and after a drive, but a lot of stuff changed. Random small bits at the top spread around. But a lot in a few places in the middle/end. Is the mileage supposed to be in one area or spread apart?

When I attempted to plug in the L322 cluster nothing lights up?
I just changed the VIN and Display Description and was hoping it would at least show the background.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I assumed it was supposed to at least power on but not let you start/etc correct? I'm trying to figure out if I have a dud cluster. Is it supposed to stay all black until everything is programmed correctly?

Post #22091739th Feb 2021 3:21 pm
Alan.S

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

dgarside wrote:
Here you go....

HALJIA SOIC8 SOP8 Test IC Clip... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0713V5GGL?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

HALJIA CH341A Series 24 EEPROM... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072HFDVRY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Afternoon. I have both these items but cannot seem to get software which will identify the 35080 IC.

Am using windows or Mac, any help or links are appreciated.

Have managed to get software on PC which recognises the USB device, but reads at FF in each memory location. Have I set up the CH341 correctly??

All I am trying to do is recode a 319 dash to work in a 319! Nothing special!

Post #220940310th Feb 2021 12:22 pm
thp

https://www.onetransistor.eu/2018/11/use-c...ndows.html

I used ASProgrammer and did the 3V mod.

Post #220945310th Feb 2021 2:57 pm
Alan.S

Ah. Is that why I’m not getting anywhere! Thought I’d read that the socket on the board ran at 3.3v

That is the software I’d downloaded!

Thanks

Post #220945510th Feb 2021 3:14 pm
thp

UPDATE - Bad Cluster, it's supposed to power up and show the background when plugged in but I get nothing. Confirmed with borrowing a L405 cluster and at least that powered up and showed 'range rover'.

IDK why I'm so unlucky, haha. Funny part is I broke down and tried to do a cluster replacement after FF the whole thing through SDD and it attempted but failed when trying to program the VIN.

Is the L405 cluster compatible at all? At least it powered up vs. my L322 cluster. Now to look for another off eBay, or attempt to do a cluster replacement with the L405 with SDD for funs?

Post #220959611th Feb 2021 2:51 am
Alan.S

@THP have you had to connect to the terminals on the side of the CH341A. Having modified it to 3.3 volt I still am not getting any data from the chip. I have tried TXD and RXD and Slave in/ Slave out etc and it seems to be taking the Censored out of me, unless I’ve already fried the chip - no pun intended!

Post #220960211th Feb 2021 7:03 am
thp

@alan.s Try posting images of your setup, can't really guess.
Are you connected to IC401 correctly? ASProgrammer should give you a error message if any of the config is wrong (clamp, usb, etc). Did you select the correct IC in ASProgrammer (24xx -> 24 something 16)?

Post #220989312th Feb 2021 3:26 am
Alan.S

This is the CH341A and the 35080VP IC9 from the discovery 3 instrument cluster.

Why do you mention IC401 when all the posts I’ve read so far talk about the M35080

The pin outs on the 35080 don’t match the 24x processors so I assumed that I would have to wire the clamp through to the jumper posts on the side of the USB adapter.

Any help is appreciated because I can’t even fire the Disco up at all now with either cluster!

Post #221015412th Feb 2021 6:51 pm
Yargo

I wish you luck and strength. It has taken 8 months so far to develop this chip and testing/adjusting still continues.

Its not just a matter of transferring some data across boards....

Post #221017012th Feb 2021 7:40 pm
Alan.S

I’m not attempting to change the speed of the CANBUS. I am asking for the information that allows CANBUS to recognise the VIN on the cluster as I’m simply (not so simple though) replacing the standard cluster!
After reading this post it seems like the CH341A can be used to read the original chip, make comparison with the replacement and edit necessary mileage and VIN information.

My drama is that I can’t work out how to get the CH341A to read the M35080 processor and I’m hoping I can get some information. Is it worth trying this or is it best to find someone with a IID to recode it.

Post #221017412th Feb 2021 7:57 pm
thp

Alan.S wrote:

This is the CH341A and the 35080VP IC9 from the discovery 3 instrument cluster.

Why do you mention IC401 when all the posts I’ve read so far talk about the M35080

The pin outs on the 35080 don’t match the 24x processors so I assumed that I would have to wire the clamp through to the jumper posts on the side of the USB adapter.

Any help is appreciated because I can’t even fire the Disco up at all now with either cluster!

Sorry bud, you're treading new ground so I won't be of help. Quick googling have people using a different programmer for that IC. Good Luck!

Post #221017712th Feb 2021 8:22 pm
Yargo

xxx

Post #221256521st Feb 2021 2:36 pm
thp

Success! I think!

My process was a tiny bit different.

Read you current cluster - and read again after driving, the difference for the mileage will be easy to identify. I've also screen shot my difference in a previous post.

VIN is easy to identify, copy directly. Towards top.
Display ID is easy to identify, copy directly. Towards bottom.
Look for the mileage changes from L319 cluster and copy directly. Towards bottom on top of Display ID.

I didn't figure out how to do the immobilizer, so I found someone with SDD access. SDD made it super easy after VIN, Display ID, and Mileage.

SDD Instructions;
Plug in cluster, run all the stuff to connect and everything. Run the immobilizer routine and it does all the hard lifting.

5 minutes later presto, car starts with the new L322 Cluster.

So, Problems identified and have been stated already, but I'll repeat.

You lose the media and nav stuff.
You lose TPMS (I really am gonna miss this), at least the menu to see all 4 tires. IDK if it triggers for a general low pressure or not.
I lost forward collision alert. I can check it in the menu but it just unchecks itself.
- UPDATE - FCA works, just doesn't show status correctly in the cluster
I lost ACC, at least I think. No display for ACC or setting the target gap, etc.
- UPDATE - ACC works, just doesn't show status correctly in the cluster. Funny part is the cluster support ACC for the L322 with gap display and target vehicle, and the icon does flash on cluster wake, so need to dig into the HS and MS CAN to see what's going on.

I just temp fitted it and need to clear and check for DTCs again, but I think I'm getting some errors for fuel sensor.

Click image to enlarge

I wired a computer PWM fan and that got rid of the fan error.
- UPDATE - Get intermittent error for the FAN, not sure why, I can see it operating and it was a permanent error with it unplugged, so maybe expectation for operational speed not not. I am using one of them Noctua quest ones because I didn't want to hear it behind the cluster.

Click image to enlarge

Overall super happy, the cluster is really easy to read and is blocked less by the steering wheel.
And goes well with my Vantop dashcam/rear mirror. After all the cosmetics and mounting is done next is to decide on which airplay integration to try.....

Can anyone help me with what CCF setting I need to display SUPERCHARGED? Or was the CCF change just for the rev. limiter?

If Supercharged was in the code, does anyone remember what/where they changed to enable/disable it?

Instrument cluster variant 2 is what everyone is using to set it to Diesel I assume?
I can't find "instrument cluster variant" in the CCF either.

Petrol vs Petrol SC CCF;
'instrument cluster design' - design 01 for Petrol
'instrument cluster design' - design 02 for Petrol SC

Post #221301623rd Feb 2021 2:31 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 28 of 37 <123 ... 272829 ... 353637>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >