Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Range Rover Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
FamilyMan

Range Rover Sport

Spotted one parked locally and I have to say......I don't like it...it looks.....naff. Sorry guys for a negative view but it really looks cheap. I love the current Range Rover and obviously love the D3, both have real presence and class styling. I didn't expect the RR sport to look that much different after seeing all the photos and the brochure, but on the road, yikes. Mate of mine went to see it recently and said the same thing but I dismissed it as he's a current owner of an '04 RR. Horses for courses I suppose but a real shocker. The D3 really is the daddy now in my mind.....but it would be I know Very Happy.
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #42707th Jun 2005 6:20 pm
Pelyma

England 

Congratulations, your the second person I've heard say they don't like it! The first was my wife, she says it looks too sporty Rolling Eyes I think it was fear that maybe I'd want to change!

I have to say I do like it, but its not practcal enough for me, but I reckon its a winner!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #42747th Jun 2005 7:46 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

mmm I saw a Silver TDV6 the other day and I thought it looked great and very small next to my DISCO3.

Kinda retro looking and very boxy compared to the RR.

-s

Post #42757th Jun 2005 8:16 pm
pers1

It`s sexy!
I drove the Supercharge RR Sport on Saturday. Wow what road handling!
The RR Sport HSE TdV6 version cost about € 130.000 in Norway 2/3 is taxes!
I would have like to have had that kind of handling on my Disco 3!
It`s small compared to the Disco inside!
My dealer is trying to make my suspenssion firmer, less rollover!

PerS

Post #42767th Jun 2005 8:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I saw one on the M6 last weekend. I could not catch up with it as I was towing the caravan, but it looked average, not distinctive. It does have the general look of the old Range Rover Classic from the rear, which I am sure some will appreciate.

I saw a brand new Range Rover Supercharged in Alderley Edge the other day. The grill looks like the front off my rabbit hutch!. Black Land Rover badge is very appealing, and could become a collectors item in itself!

Post #42877th Jun 2005 10:30 pm
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Well I like it, when I first saw the D3 I did not like it! Now I'm love it & went & bought one Very Happy
I still get comments about the D3 that people do not like it & prefer the D2, I was one of these people but now I think the 3 makes the 2 look very dated which it was!
May be the sport will grow on you Question
Nick
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #42968th Jun 2005 7:56 am
Neil R

I have just been and test drove the 4.2 supercharger and all i can say is WOW!!!! if i could afford the mortage to fuel it i would love one, I then tried the HSE Diesel and I have to say I think the D3 is better on many points the only thing i wish my d3 had the the sport has is the firmer suspension and the sports seats.

Just my 2 peneths worth
 2005 Java Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 HS (GONE)
Stormer wheels, SC Grills, Tow pack,PTI,Adaptive lights,Useless coolerbox (GONE)

2010 RRS HSE Santorini/Ivory TDV8 Overfinch'd 

Post #43118th Jun 2005 1:32 pm
jzk

United States 

I drove both the limited and the HSE during the land rover Moab Adventure. I found the Sport to be basically a car version of our truck. I like the truck feel of the LR3 much better.
 LR3 HSE
http://www.pbase.com/jzk/lr3 

Post #43158th Jun 2005 2:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
1955diesel

None of the members of this forum are supposed to like RR Sport more than D3. It is designed to sell to a different audience. Wink

Post #43448th Jun 2005 9:55 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Those of you who like the RR Sport can have a look at www.rrsport.co.uk Wink

Those of you who are happy with your Disco 3 can stay here Very Happy

I've got all of you covered Whistle

Martin

Post #43458th Jun 2005 10:00 pm
Ecosse

Martin - I like the new site. You will soon be getting offers of corporate entertainment from LR to try to keep you sweet Wink

Post #43478th Jun 2005 11:05 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Ecosse wrote:
You will soon be getting offers of corporate entertainment from LR to try to keep you sweet Wink

I wish *sigh*

No interest from LR as yet for either site.

Martin

Post #43488th Jun 2005 11:11 pm
jzk

United States 

When I did the Land Rover Moab adventure, I had the captive audience of several Land Rover employees. I explained to them that I loved my LR3, but Land Rover has been absolutely clueless as to any of my questions and most of my needs.

I told them about the brake controller fiasco. I explained to them that when I called my dealer about the winch, the dealer told me that I MUST get a brush guard also. When I did order the winch kit, I tried to ask Land Rover some questions, but there is no one to ask. My dealer doesn't know. Land Rover corporate refers me back to the dealer. Land Rover technical support is only for dealers. Many other questions where they are supposed to look into something and get back to me are simply forgotten.

So I explained to them that the greatest source of Land Rover information available comes from internet forums. You would think I said something blasfamous. They said stuff like "beware what you read on the internet, because more than half isn't true." I explained that isn't how the internet works. On a forum, a discussion ensues until there is a resolution to the problem. Then, I have the answer - like the brake controller issue. I suggested that if they really want to put their finger on the pulse of their customers (especially the enthusiast customers), then they should monitor some of these forums.
 LR3 HSE
http://www.pbase.com/jzk/lr3 

Post #43779th Jun 2005 3:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >