Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

[rant mode]What a 5h1t day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
NoDo$h

Ukraine 
[rant mode]What a 5h1t day

Had a sh Censored t day. Got to Southampton Hospital for my allergy challenge testing only to be met with "ooh, we didn't think you'd make it in. Errr, none of the doctors we need have managed to get in today". So I manage to drive to and from Crawley on Monday and make it 55 miles across Dorset and Hants this morning yet the staff at the hospital can't manage a few miles. I even offered to go and collect a few of them, free of charge. Didn't go down well.

So that's me £600 down compared with where I would have been had I not had to horlicks around over the last 48 hours for this hospital appointment and no further forward with the anaphylaxis testing. They stressed that it could kill me and that I'd been lucky last time, so they want a full team there. They forget that I live with this every day and that I could have an attack sat in the hotel, at home or pretty much anywhere so the risk was mine to take. No ice broken there, pun intended. They wouldn't even throw away the fresh crab I'd had to buy to bring along for the testing. No facilities it seems. So they can dispose of a gangrenous limb, but having made me buy a fresh crab to see if it would kill me they then tell me I have to take it away with me again.

'kin to$$ers Evil or Very Mad

Then some little shi7s throw a lump of ice at my car as I'm coming away from the hospital. One emergency stop and 30 seconds of pounding down the road and I've tackled the miscreant and put him over a fence into a pile of snow for his troubles. His mates then come up and start doing the angry monkey at me. You know the one, prancing around like a hyperactive lemur yelling "come on then!". I told them if you were old enough to grow a set they'd take a swing and make my day. A sudden onset of common sense on their part and it's game over, I'm back in the car and they've gained a valuable lesson in how fast short fat blokes can run when they're pished off. Whistle
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #4143833rd Feb 2009 7:10 pm
al cope

England 

know what you mean - youngest daughters school's closed today - all the kids can get there, just the bloody teachers who now live miles away cant be arsed. When I was at primary school, all the teachers lived within walking distance.

Also got hit with snow (ice) ball, back window drivers side. made a bloody huge bang, thought window had gone - couldn't catch the scroats though. Probably luckier that hitting a panel though.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #4144023rd Feb 2009 7:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

sounds if you didn't have a particularly good day ND Rolling Eyes

sue the sods for your time and thump the living daylights out of the little sh!t!
you might then feel a little better. Wink
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #4144033rd Feb 2009 8:01 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Shocked Sorry to hear that ND, I bet all weekend and yesterday it was playing on your mind having to have those tests, and to get let down you by the hospital you will have to go through it all again Evil or Very Mad

I do hope in all kindness that you get to the bottom of it though.

As for the journey, that would have been equally stressfull, so not a great week for you so far. Hope it gets better Confused

Post #4144523rd Feb 2009 9:12 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Disturbing the 'peace' in the NHS .....and beating up 7 year olds ... Rolling Eyes Tut tut Alan .....tut tut Rolling Eyes

Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #4144623rd Feb 2009 9:24 pm
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Schools closed - H+S apparently - afraid the teacher would be sued if little Johnny fell over and banged his head. what a load of bo Censored k

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #4144753rd Feb 2009 9:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

funny you say about snowballs, last evening sat dozing on the sofa, her thud at the window, waited a moment, then another thud awokened me from my part slumber, went over to the living room window to find this Censored teenager wearing a hoodey, scarf up around his face, looking like some terrorist lobbing snowballs at my living room window, ran out the front door after he got scared off a few mins later, headed him and two other of his mates off around the corner and rugby tackled him to the ground with an almight thud, Censored did'nt even see me coming, stuffed a handful of snow in his gob and said " d'you like playing in the snow then Censored !"

Would'nt mind but we live on a private shared driveway, appears he's the little scoat I got arrested in 2005 shortly after moving in smashing windows at the community centre, not likely to throw snowball at my house again!!!! Rolling with laughter

Post #4144873rd Feb 2009 9:42 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

DG wrote:
Disturbing the 'peace' in the NHS .....and beating up 7 year olds ... Rolling Eyes Tut tut Alan .....tut tut Rolling Eyes

Wink

17 DG, but close in mental age Rolling with laughter As for disturbing the peace, I was icily calm. I think that was what worried them Laughing

Little Miss Do$h is off on a school activity holiday tomorrow. Headmaster has assured them all that it will take icebergs on the A35 to prevent them going. Kids all mightily relieved (nearly as relieved as the parents).

Cheers for the thoughts MacClown Wink (working on all the comedy alternatives for your name at the moment. Well, the clean ones at least Whistle )
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #4144903rd Feb 2009 9:44 pm
Shrinky

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Sounds like a really bad day ND. Better make sure you get a long range forecast next time and e mail it to the To$$ers and tell them to be there as you will be Thumbs Up
 Global Warming.... I'm luvvin it  
Post #4145073rd Feb 2009 9:54 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Nice idea Shrinky. Mr. Green
Post #4145153rd Feb 2009 10:01 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Well at least you didn't have to eat crab again Thumbs Up

Post #4145913rd Feb 2009 11:18 pm
NJF

Sorry to hear that they screwed you around, ND. I think you have it right about the staff - where there's a will, there's a way - and I don't mean to denigrate vocational people who try hard to maintain the service. When I moved overseas I was happy to find that when the hospital asks you to make an appointment they expect you and them to keep it. I never found that in the UK - ever - on the NHS or on Harley Street. I'm happy to be out of it. Thumbs Up

Post #4146213rd Feb 2009 11:49 pm
shellshock

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Bad day sorry to hear abour your wasted time.

Decided my girl's headteacher is a top bloke "this school's never been closed due to bad weather and I'm not about to do so now" Thumbs Up

Someone at SWMBO's work phoned in at 8.55 saying they were just about to start digging themself out as it was really bad (5 mins before due start time Shocked ) Arrived in at 10.30. Full of sympathy took the poor soul to the rest room for a hot drink......with a colleague who lives one road further away and had arrived at......8.56!!!
There are some skivers about Twisted Evil

Still a great day to be out in the D3 Mr. Green
 ALTERNATIVES...............No alternatives for off-road capability.
If you want Surrey plush, go for a Range Rover. If you want Manchester bling it's the Range Rover Sport. But if it's a seven-seat, go anywhere 4x4, it's time to Disco.
(Daily Telegraph 08/08/09) 

Post #4146303rd Feb 2009 11:59 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

AND you've got Gay Sidelights!!!!!!

What a really Censored day you've had! Laughing

Wink
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #4146384th Feb 2009 12:05 am
SN

on the drive to work on Monday I was bombed on a side panel from one of a group of scrotes waiting at a bus stop (all attend the lowest performing secondary school in all of Stockport - you get the idea) - didn't see the sh*tbag copper behind me stop and have a word with them mind Evil or Very Mad too busy to get back to his warm police station for a brew I reckon Rolling Eyes
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4146534th Feb 2009 12:21 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >