Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

re sprayed bumper my12
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
bigcarpchaser

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Reject if you can and get a new one, let's face it, you'll aways be wondering if it's had a ding of some sort.
It would certainly bother me!
You paid for a new undamaged vehicle, that's what you should get.
 Welcome "Lola" Smile  
Post #85847413th Nov 2011 6:52 pm
Goffie01

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

THERE ARE HUNDREDS RE SPRAYED AT THE END OF THE ASSEMBLY LINE EVERY WEEK AFTER AUDIT TO TOUCH UP MINOR DINKS AND SCRATCHES.

Post #85847813th Nov 2011 7:03 pm
The Transformer

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Good luck with the regection, like I said I went through something very similar with Renault, took a lot of doing and hair pulling but did get there.
My van was a special order and I only noticed a week or 2 after collection the overspray on a wheel and inside a door edge and the remnants of a dent near a cill
I was told the dealer knew nothing of it and of course neither did Renault who only had it at their holding centre for about 3 days.
Of course I was told over and over by the finance company (also Renault) but after about 3 months of sticking to my guns they did supply a new one.
BTW if it is on finance get in touch with them straight away.

Post #85848013th Nov 2011 7:08 pm
allforus

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

waiting for a call tomorrow, still going to try and reject the car, its sat in my garage dont feel like driving it in case i bump it and they get away with the botch up, i am sure the transport company have done the damage especially with the other car having the white dots on it.
I know its going to be hard work but £46 k for a damaged car when my other D 4 was spot on it just Censored

had the paint depth checks done only area is around the edge of the upper tailgate

Post #85859713th Nov 2011 10:22 pm
allforus

just a quick update had a phone call from dealers today, they have been talking to landrover and it might be hopeful for replacement but there will be some cost cherished transfer and will loose out on the window tinting but not all bad if the car is replaced Thumbs Up

Post #86020717th Nov 2011 7:45 pm
bigcarpchaser

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Hhmmmm why should you have to pay for someone else's error?
Methinks you're being too nice.
You presumably paid for tints, you should get like for like IMHO unless of course there's an alternative extra that would cost the same, but again, if you'd have wanted that particular extra you'd have purchased it no?
Maybe I've got this all wrong and my approach would get me nowhere Very Happy
 Welcome "Lola" Smile  
Post #86022617th Nov 2011 8:26 pm
allforus

I understand what you mean, guess they are just playing on the fact I want the car changed doesnt account for fuel 80 mile round trip about 5 times and all the heart ache and P Censored taking from the lads at work.

Post #86028017th Nov 2011 9:44 pm
Splitpin

The same happened on a friends new mini, the 1/4 was a different colour in some lights.

Dealer order another car and my friend got 4 months free use of the first car Smile

Post #86032617th Nov 2011 10:58 pm
Blue62

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Good luck with this Allforus, you seem like a very reasonable guy and I hope that they don't try to take advantage. I believe that under the sale of goods act you are entitled to request any out of pocket expenses you have incurred, I would certainly make the point if and when you reach a conclusion with all of this. Don't forget that you are in the right and that you are representing the interests of every other poor s*d out there who is ready to be taken advantage of. May the force be with you.

Post #86042018th Nov 2011 11:29 am
softuk

I would strongly suggest you speak with Land Rover Customer Services directly, and explain the position. There is no way that you should be out of pocket at all. They should cover all your out of pocket expenses, the cost of the cherished transfer and tints. In addition, you should calculate your mileage at 43 pence per mile (IR approved rated) and claim that as well.
Simply not acceptable for them to be trying to fob you off and leave you with a bill for their error. If you pushed it, you would also be entitled to compensation for time you have spent in driving back and forward to the dealer, inconvenience etc etc.

Last edited by softuk on 18th Nov 2011 9:01 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #86046118th Nov 2011 3:15 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

I had my previous D3 exchanged due to multiple failures of the suspension, like others have said you should get exactly the same spec for no extra cost. However if the dealer offers a different spec that would have cost less and you accept, then you should get this difference refunded. You can try to get the cherished transfer paid by them but I doubt they will, I was told that I had had use of the car for 10 months so it was a small price to pay - which in all honestly it was, as my replacement model was a 2006 HSE instead of the 2005 version. I also changed to Zambezi Silver as Adriatic Blue and the Buckingham Blue (replacement) was too black for my liking.

Why softuk said that you should get the mileage paid for I have no idea and I would expect both LR and the dealer just to Laughing at that - after all you have had FREE use of the vehicle.

Post #86049718th Nov 2011 4:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
softuk

Why softuk said that you should get the mileage paid for I have no idea and I would expect both LR and the dealer just to at that - after all you have had FREE use of the vehicle

I was referring to the 80 miles round trip that alforus has had to do five times (to press) to travel to the dealer regarding the problems with his car, not any additional personal mileage.

This ia a brand new expensive vehicle, and he is well within his rights to reject it, and to be put into the position he would have been if they had supplied a fault free car in the first instance. ie no additional costs whatsoever incurred.

Post #86052018th Nov 2011 5:48 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

Sorry softuk, now I get what you said about the mileage Embarassed

Post #86052618th Nov 2011 6:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
allforus

Your right chaps might just take the micky when they ask me to return the car and keep it until i think i have had it long enough to cover the costs for the replacement. Thumbs Up

good job i did not sell the wheels when i changed them over to the 20" gloss black ones

Post #86060218th Nov 2011 8:49 pm
allforus

Thats it car gone back replacement due january lets hope this one is spot on Thumbs Up

Post #86444928th Nov 2011 2:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >