Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

re sprayed bumper my12
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
allforus

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Just sold bailey senator series 6 got a hobby premium 12 model 560cfe on order had a look at them at caravan show look spot on

Post #86465428th Nov 2011 10:30 pm
CarlFraz

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Allforus, just been reading your plight, and do have sympathy. I have just traded a used MY10 D4 that I had for four months as I discovered the whole left hand side had been sprayed and since I did'nt know how serious the damage had been, I fell out of love with the car instantly...Plus it had power loss issues. I trade it on a new perfect spec stock car MY12 HSE as I needed the knowledge of the car being new and undamaged. Believe me I went over it with a fine tooth comb and it's perfect. The 8 speed box and other satnav upgrades are great, feel 'cleansed'.!!!

Prior to this I had a new FL2 when they came out....loads of computer fails. After 4 months and seven return visits (all recorded in writing) gave it back to dealer with the ultimatum you have a week to fix it and return it to me. If it fails you have the car back and get me a replacement!!! The original car was the Dec model when they first came out. In the April on the way home after it's "week of intensive care" I got 1/2 mile down the road and warning lights came on AGAIN!!! Spun car round, back to dealer rejected it. They reordered new car but due to spec would not be supplied until September, but the dealer let me keep the original car until the new one was ready. Day of swap over we exchanged keys and cars....I paid nothing extra!!!!! Which flabbergasted me!!! I was expecting to pay at least the road TAX and possibly a percentage of depreciation since my new car was a year newer and two plates newer from 56 to 57!!! So I had 9 months of free motoring except fuel and insurance. I feel your dealer is extracting the urine somewhat. Ok mine laid belly up and was tickled by me but I would never use any other dealer now. The dodgy D4 was supplied by Harwoods at Tonbridge, my local dealer is Marshall Bedford who can't be faulted on their commitment to customers....in my experience at least. Well done for the rejection but keep going for use of a car....PLAY HARD BALL. Mention local papers and magazines like top gear....I never got to that stage but was next step if dealer wouldn't give!!! Good luck

Post #86561930th Nov 2011 11:15 pm
allforus

guess you are right, just by chance all the people who can make a call on it are off on holiday this week will try my luck next week.
Its crap without a disco in the garage almost wish i had kept my 59 plate D4 and not changed but the new one was a cracking car looking forward to jan when the new one arrives.

Thumbs Up

Post #8659191st Dec 2011 8:25 pm
allforus

got a call from the dealers after a bit of string pulling new D4 arrives 28th december not sure when i can pick it up but that must be a record from october end of to december delivery Thumbs Up

Post #87463423rd Dec 2011 9:07 am
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Good result Thumbs Up
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #87466123rd Dec 2011 10:12 am
allforus

new car here seen it the flesh today all looks well, williams paint treatment to do and towing electrics and pick up next week monday i hope then on with the twentys and off we go again.

Thumbs Up

Post #8793555th Jan 2012 8:26 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #8794255th Jan 2012 10:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
allforus

thats it new d4 xs in the garage at long last the dealer even managed to cock up the towing electrics fitting twin instead of a 13 pin, not a word of sorry just bring it back and we will change it over the sales manager wouldnt even speak to me think i might just have lost the plot and fitted him in a small space with brass handles Evil or Very Mad

I noticed my rejected car has just been sold someone having just put 20" 10 spokes on pm me i need to have a word

Post #88303313th Jan 2012 8:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >