Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Rear light guards
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Chilipalmer

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Rear light guards

I need to replace a brake light bulb and what looks from the manual to be a 5 minute job is going to be a bit more than that because of the removal of the rear light guards. It might be me being a dimwit but for the life of me I can't work out how to remove the guard - on one side in the tailgate edge recess you can take out two screws but where the light meets the rear bodywork the guard seems to clip behind and I can't see how to free it. I'm worried that forcing the guard will damage the light and/or bodywork. Does anyone know how to remove the guard?
 Rough business, this movie business. I'm gonna have to go back to loan-sharking just to take a rest.  
Post #17041025th Jun 2007 9:48 am
Alex08

Scotland 

If you go to the Land Rover Owner information Website (I would give you the link but it doesn't seem to 'up' just now!) you can download the fitting instructions for the guards and from seeing how they go on, work out how to take them off.

From what I remember, once the screws are off, it is just a matter of rotating them outwards. Although if the screws are off, you should be able to release the light cluster as normal and take the lens out with the guard in place. However, I may be wrong...... Whistle

You can be sure someone will correct me if I am! Laughing

Edited 1255hrs:

Got onto the site - I was wrong - there are 4 screws - 2 on the tailgate end and two at the back of the lamp

Here is the link to the document you want.

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree.../L319-Rear Lamp Guards-VUB501380.pdf

Post #17041725th Jun 2007 10:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >