Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Rear Number Plate Fittment on MY 12 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Jax

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
Rear Number Plate Fittment on MY 12 HSE

Trying to get local plates fitted to my new wheels since it arrived from the UK and after removing the rear UK export registration plates which were stuck on with double sided tape i noticed that there are two hexagonal holes in the tailgate (presently covered up with gaffer tape) but there aren't any captive nuts in there. I suppose could dismantle the trim panel and put a nut and bolt through from behind but I was wondering if these hexagonal holes were some sort of standard fitment and whether or not it would be possible to find some fixings that press into these holes form the outside that I could then screw into??

I know i should have asked at the dealer in London but forgot in the excitement of taking delivery of my baby!

The thing is over here local regulations state that a number plate needs to be rivited onto the body of the vehcile or alternatively rivited onto a holder which is affixed permanantly to vehcile and not with double sided tape. Hence i want to use these holes rather than drilling new holes for rivets and then running the risk of rust in the long term.

Post #98226427th Sep 2012 11:29 am
B16 KJR

Scotland 

You can get plastic "plugs" with a square fitting at the back which pushes into the hole on the tailgate and is designed to accept a screw from the front and acts a bit like a rawlplug Thumbs Up

Post #98226827th Sep 2012 11:57 am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Microcat lists a number plate mount with 2 self tapping screws and nuts for non UK markets you can see them in this image

Click image to enlarge
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #98227427th Sep 2012 12:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >