DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

rear parking sensor fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NIPPYZAP

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4
rear parking sensor fault

Hi,

I have just returned to the Land Rover fold after many years without one. I am in the process of sorting through a few niggles of my new to me 2014 Disco 4 HSE. most things have now been sorted but the rear parking sensors currently have me stumped and hoping a guru on here might know what is going on.

This is how far I have gotten.

- Since buying it in August the front sensors work fine but the rear is a different matter, when reverse is selected the light on the dash is solid but the two drivers side sensors give constant tone and the reverse camera pic shows red as if you are very close to something but it isn't. couldn't be bothered to take the bumper off at the time so lived with it until the last couple of weeks when had the time to pull it apart.

- Purchased a full set of new rear aftermarket sensors and fitted those. with these fitted the parking aid system does nothing. front sensors dont work and neither do the rear and the light on the dash does not come on.

- Checked the continuity of the bumper loom, all seemed ok. but still no joy with the new aftermarket sensors so refitted the original Genuine ones to see if things came back to life, which it did so suppose a reminder that I should have just got JLR/OEM sensors in the first place.

- However very briefly on refiting the old sensors all worked on the rear as it should, light on solid on dash in reverse, beeps until close to something when it then goes solid tone. but unfortunatly this didn't last long and after a cuppa before putting the bumper back on properly it was back up to its old tricks with the drivers side two sensor giving solid tone and showing red on the reverse camera again.

- So to fault find a little I swapped the sensors around in position to see if the problem moved and therefore confirm it was a faulty but not showing on the system sensor. however moving the sensors around didn't change anything and the drivers side two continued to give solid tone and red on the screen no matter which original sensors were in those locations.

So I am now thinking I have an issue elsewhere, damaged wiring? has anyone seen this before or have any hints on what might be causing the system to think its fine but it clearly isn't

Cheers,

Martyn

Post #235725530th Dec 2023 7:40 pm
Deejay K

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Martyn
I had the same issue in so far as I replaced some scabby sensors with Britpart aftermarket ones and they ‘killed’ the sensor system front and rear. When swapping back (and eventually getting OEM ones) they all became active again. I have a couple of original ones that work and you could use to verify your system. Whereabouts are you?

Post #23574502nd Jan 2024 1:04 pm
NIPPYZAP

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Hi Deejay K,

Many thanks for the offer. I am near Shaftesbury.

I off to my fathers at some point during the week to plug it in to the GAP tool to see if it has logged anything in my fiddling around (it hadn't last time) but did manage to get it to go to flashing light on the button today so hopefully it may of done this time.

Post #23574772nd Jan 2024 6:05 pm
Deejay K

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Martyn,
No problem, I am in Southampton if required.
Good luck Thumbs Up
Dave

Post #23574862nd Jan 2024 6:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >