Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Rear PDC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jamo

Australia 

thanks fellas!

I was very careful with ensuring that the sensors and their housings went back into the correct positions. So I know that they are all in their original positions.

10, i'll give that tape thing a go and try to blank off the top part of the sensors. i'd really appreciate it if you'd check those parts, though!

I've got a feeling that Kaymar hasn't got back to me yet because they're in a mad scramble to check it out themselves!
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #763077th Aug 2006 2:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Jamo,
Does this help?

Post #763257th Aug 2006 3:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

10... is this your post Indian burp and fart saftety zone notice ??

OK... get me coat and hide under that rock over there if you need me again Embarassed

Post #763337th Aug 2006 3:49 pm
10forcash

Get yer eyes checked mate!
The zones are in mm not km Shocked

Post #763497th Aug 2006 4:19 pm
Jamo

Australia 

Thanks for the diagram 10!

I have received a reply from Kaymar:

Quote:
Our Disco bars were developed on vehicles with sensors.

The al shields must be fitted and adjusted upward to touch against the bottom of the tyre. The sensors are mounted on plates which can be pressed inward at the bottom to angle the beam downward and away from the tyre. Sensor beams seem to vary from vehicle to vehicle, but usually a slight bend of the mounting plate ie: 1/2mm or so is all that’s needed

I moved the plates up so that they were touching the bottoms of the tyres.

I then decided to blank off the top of the sensors with tape. when I got to the drivers side one. the constant beep stopped. I tried to adjust the sensor a bit and then discovered that it was broken (the end was coming off) . I must have broken it when removing it from the old bumper.

Anyway, as I said I'm off to the dealer on Friday and a new sensor will be waiting, so I'll see then if it was a sensor problem.

Interestingly, by removing the dud sensor altogether, the remaining three won't work and and the PDC light flashes indicating an error in the system.

Will keep you posted.

PS I don't know what they're talking about with the 'sensros mounted on plates' mine aren't mounted on plates, they're in plastic surrounds that have no play in them!
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #766668th Aug 2006 12:34 pm
10forcash

I guess they mean the mounting plates in the bumper, checked the part numbers last night, all the rears have a common number, all the fronts have another common number, the mounting bezels are different Embarassed sorry!
The only difference I can see between the front & back sensors is that the front sensors have an angled connector and the rears have a straight connector

Post #766708th Aug 2006 12:42 pm
Jamo

Australia 

Well, the bumper just has holes drillied into the steel into which one may insert the sensor surround. Confused

If a new sensor does not solve my problem, then I'll be back onto them about this mounting plate business. Mad

Otherwise, if the new sensor does fix my problem, I'll post it and be very happy. Very Happy

Mind you, I'm still cosidering installing a camera at both ends, but that may have to wait for further funding approvals! Shocked
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #766928th Aug 2006 1:56 pm
catweasel

hmmm..... so does this mean if I choose to remove the rear PDC (replaced by reversing camera) that I could use them on the front ?

Post #766938th Aug 2006 1:57 pm
10forcash

Jamo, the photo's in your gallery give the impression that the PDC sensors are flush, or slightly recessed behing the bumper outer skin, if this is the case, then the mounting plate must be 8 - 10mm behind the outer skin, suggesting a seperate mounting plate. If this is so and the plate is not fully seam welded, then some adjustment may be possible

CW, you'd need the front bumper harness as well. I think the connectors on the front are angled so they don't catch on things like the screenwash resovoir, but it's worth a try Wink you'd also need the front mounting bezels and your dealer to do their stuff with WDS / IDS to turn the front ones on and the rears off

Post #766978th Aug 2006 2:03 pm
Baggy

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Front PDC

TFC - does that mean front pdc can be dealer fitted? I regret not getting them in the first place.
 '11 TDV6 - Stornoway Grey.... still lovin' it!!

REDUCE GREENHOUSE GASSES.......Eat more BEEF!!
Addendum: Red wine goes REALLY well with BEEF 

Post #767088th Aug 2006 2:34 pm
10forcash

Can't see why not, all bumper covers have the cutouts marked on the inside, as long as you have the rear PDC (and the connector behind the RH headlight) it shouldn't be difficult. once plugged in, it just needs enabling via WDS / IDS

Post #767258th Aug 2006 3:02 pm
christyler

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
PDC Sensors

The sensors are not adjustable, they are on or off. The outside ones have a different spread than the inside ones, you will find that they have a different part number. it is possable to interchange them electrically by mistake. You should check that the outside ones are on the outside and vise versa.
 CLUB "Ah Shor it'll be grand"

First D3 in the World with a Hydraulic Winch.
2006 Disco 3 TDV6 S Auto,
Diff Locks, Turbochipped, Raised Air Intake, 220volts Onboard, Onboard Compressor, Large Bore Exahust, Underbody Protection, One or two Other Mods as well.
Other toys include, Argo Avenger 8x8, Tatra 6x6 Motorhome (Being Built) 

Post #767778th Aug 2006 6:11 pm
10forcash

Chris, the part number on Microcat is the same for all rear sensors, it's the Bezels that are different, by adjustment I meant the mounting plate that's part of the ARB rear bar, not the sensor themselves

Post #767808th Aug 2006 6:18 pm
christyler

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
sensors

yes in fact you are correct, i must be thinking of the front ones. i am sure when i did my front ones that the part number for the outside and middle ones were different.
 CLUB "Ah Shor it'll be grand"

First D3 in the World with a Hydraulic Winch.
2006 Disco 3 TDV6 S Auto,
Diff Locks, Turbochipped, Raised Air Intake, 220volts Onboard, Onboard Compressor, Large Bore Exahust, Underbody Protection, One or two Other Mods as well.
Other toys include, Argo Avenger 8x8, Tatra 6x6 Motorhome (Being Built) 

Post #768298th Aug 2006 8:49 pm
10forcash

that's what I thought.... until I checked Embarassed

Post #768338th Aug 2006 8:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >