DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

Rear tyre wear TSB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
300+

Rear tyre wear TSB

From another post:
Quote:
New TSB issued yesterday - LA204-008 Discovery 3/LR3 - Uneven Tire Wear (unfortunately LRs US masters seems to have influenced the spelling of tyre) Vin range: 5A300259-6A403382

Summary:

A customer may report a concern of uneven tire wear.

Cause: Certain vehicles may experience a degree of 'bush settle' after the initial geometry setting following production (this has now been compensated for using calculated geometry settings introduced from the VIN above). This 'bush settle' may change the geometry settings to outside of normal tolerance and may increase tire wear. This issue is not experienced on all vehicles and the toe sensitivity may be attributed to other factors.

Action: Should it become necessary to adjust vehicle geometry due to specific complaints of tire wear, it should be set to the dimensions detailed in this bulletin. For all other cases requiring geometry setting, the dimensions in the workshop manual should be used.

My dealer says that even though my vehicle is within the vin range for the TSB my tyres have worn out the inner edge in 19000KM because the toe in was a mile out. This is because I've hit something and not because of the TSB.

Is he a wrong, totally wrong, or am I misunderstanding the issue?

Cheers, Steve

Post #27202213th Mar 2008 1:01 pm
simonsi

New Zealand 

Given that LR have accepted there is a known issue, and your car exhibits the issue, he is trying to argue there must be a different cause???

Up to him to prove you hit something (eg is only one wheel miles out), or else accept it is the known issue. Presumably LR will reimburse so what´s his issue???
 Cheers

Simon 

Post #27202813th Mar 2008 1:14 pm
simoniz

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Don't let the stealer get away with it!! - I have had a load of fob offs at various LR dealers claiming alternate circumstances on faults- of course all of what they claim is not covered under warranty strangely???.

I am beginning to believe some LR dealers do not know what they are doing - just got my D3 back with claim all is fixed,been road tested thoroughly and no signs of the problem anymore. 10 mins down the road and guess what,3 of my problems are still there including the most obvious steering wheel vibration and shake that I have ever experienced.

Stand your ground on this

Thumbs Up

Post #27280514th Mar 2008 10:06 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Land Rover Customer services for you !!!
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #27280714th Mar 2008 10:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
300+

90BHP wrote:
Land Rover Customer services for you !!!

That was my first call. They didn't even ask which TSB I was referring to - in fact they thought a TSB was a recall. They have spoken to the dealer who will call to sort this out. I'm expecting to be told I'm wrong again, where I get to call LR Australia again...

Steve

Post #27287715th Mar 2008 12:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >