Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Reduced performance!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
fatherted123456

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Reduced performance!!!!

Owdo all!!
Over 6 weeks into ownership the d4 and 7022 miles later coming down the m6 today reduced performance and red warning triangle managed to limp off at junction 15, and whilst waiting at the lights turned engine off and on again still on Censored limped to the next layby switched in off waited 5 mins back on again, all good no faults Rolling Eyes carried on my journey 3 miles down road red triangle reduced performance LR assit called and they sent a man with a yellow van, who arrived within 20 mins.

Nice enough man but seemed a bit out his depth when he looked under the bonnet and asked what the grey thing was connected to the battery, my reply was 175a andersons like on your van which I pointed out to him. His reply ooo Embarassed Mr AA connected up his trusty OB ll reader and even though the fault was still on the dash and red warning triangle up his diagnostics reported back no faults Evil or Very Mad After a bit more fannying about he decided that because I had a 1/4 tank of fuel left this was causing the fault. My thought was no. But never the less I filled it anyway. Guess what! Fault not cured in the end I took the battery off left in 10 mins and reconnected, faults gone, thanked the AA man for his time and drive it home. And a trip to the dealers tomorrow. I think I may have a Friday afternoon land rover Big Cry

I will report back with my findings!!!
 SSDD.  
Post #93195915th May 2012 9:40 pm
RR08

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4
Re: Reduced performance!!!!

Unnecessary quote removed

How did you get on in the end, what was the result ?

Sounds very interesting, once had a similar problem with my D3 and ended up in limp home mode, turned out to be a electronic fault according to the dealers.

Post #93355020th May 2012 1:18 am
fatherted123456

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Been to the dealers to have it looked at, both egr valves have little movement, in them so are putting it down to them, booked in to be replaced next week! I know they fail but seems a bit soon after just 7,000 miles!
 SSDD.  
Post #93399921st May 2012 7:40 pm
Vizzy

United Kingdom 

2x EGR seizing on a 3.0 Tdv6 at 7k miles?

Sounds unlikely!

Post #9500923rd Jul 2012 6:45 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

my first D4 had an egr replaved at around 2000 miles, dealer told by LR that it was the casue of the smoke, did not cure the smoking issue
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #9501973rd Jul 2012 9:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fatherted123456

That's what I was told by Williams Manchester, it's going in for it's first service tomorrow, it's only overdue by 2,000 miles. Going to have the egr valves replaced, but since they have freed them off it's run for 10,000 miles no problem. Up to 17,648 in 3 months, glad I anit paying for the running costs.
 SSDD.  
Post #9503304th Jul 2012 10:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >