Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Reduced Performance Message on D4 XS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Call centres where no one takes (or is allowed to take) responsibility for contact with a client can really wind one up. Twisted Evil
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7721689th Mar 2011 12:03 am
uttanutta

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Final blog on this. Flew to Sydney today and went and saw LandRover Australia. Met the tech who fixed my car, introduced myself to the Australian Customer Service manager. I am very happy that I was given the opportunity to explain my position on this. I was happy with the response and we did come to an agreement for my out of pocket expenses over the 6 week period that my car was laid up. He explained that the customer service call centre is a part of Mondial but that he is still responsible for it, however he was disappointed with the result and would be looking into it.
It is a shame that the commitment of the management to the product and the customer does not filter all the way down to the guy who is actually dealing with you when you are in a pickle.

thanks for following/ your comments of support or otherwise, pick my car up tomorrow and hope I never find cause to blog in faults and fixes again.
 Discovery 4 the greatest 4wd on the planet. LandRover the worst customer service imaginable. Do you have to put up with one to experience the other? Apparently yes!!!!  
Post #7722049th Mar 2011 9:18 am
caverD3

Out-sourcing of service and complaint services is designed to separate the customer from the business. Mondial obviously take their task very seriously. Rolling Eyes

He is right LRA are responsible for contracting another company to do their job. Glad they came to the party. Thumbs Up
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7722489th Mar 2011 11:25 am
access

Malta 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Izmir BlueDiscovery 4

Got a "reduce performance" and the red triangle today... Big Cry

Post #78631715th Apr 2011 12:36 pm
lordoftheflatbush

Netherlands 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Montalcino RedDiscovery 4
Software fault

I had the same issues as described here during my holiday to Croatia in July this year.. I ended up at the local Landrover dealer and the mechanic there immediately knew what to do. He installed a software update (which he received one week earlier from Landrover) and after 10 minutes I was off again. The guy told me they got a lot of D4's with this problem. Before he got the update, they just resetted the errorcodes, but the problem came back often. Now its solved! No problems so far (after 20k km's).

Post #8552474th Nov 2011 11:48 pm
neilarm

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
The brake does it.

Discovered if driving in large boots and your foot touches the brake(Auto gearbox) whilst accelerating it gives the reduced performance and you have to stop and restart the engine. Embarassed

Post #8565668th Nov 2011 8:43 pm
CarlFraz

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Reduced power

Had warning sign for this four times now!! Once at 70mph cruising on dual carriageway, power just dropped off; twice during overtaking on single carriageway roads (NOT GOOD EXPERIENCE 3/4 WAY PAST A TRUCK AND POWER DROPS AWAY!!!) and once recreated (yesterday) accelerating hard from roundabout down dual carriageway. Dealer tried fixing twice claiming some breather valve on turbo had come loose first time and second time said same thing so they tightened the valve even more seond time.... Censored !!!! I have mailed dealer who supplied the car telling them they are to receive the car back as four fails in four months (and on two occasions it failed I had my kids with me!!!) is a serious safety issue. I returned a Freelander 2 after four months so already have experience of this!! Once bitten......

Post #86132621st Nov 2011 1:31 am
caverD3

Sometimes found to be a fuel starvation issue. Low pressure pump or filter in tank?
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #86132721st Nov 2011 1:35 am
CarlFraz

Cheers CaverD3, plenty fuel in the tank but could be a pump or filter. Was serviced within 150 miles of first fail so filter was clean. Problem I have is not trusting the car ever to overtake or if I need the power when towing caravan up a hill!!

Post #86133021st Nov 2011 2:14 am
caverD3

There is a course filter in the tank as well I think.
Bad fuel?
Any fault codes logged?
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #86133421st Nov 2011 4:25 am
access

Malta 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Izmir BlueDiscovery 4

I had the same issue as yours CarlFraz. It usually happens when you are overtaking or when you press the accelerator hard. It also happened to me once when I was on sport mode going down a steep road and I got in engine brake, the revs went up and the warning came on. When the revs go up, the warning comes on.
At first they said it was the turbo switch which they changed, I took it from the dealer and after 4 miles it the warning came up. Then they changed something from the second turbo and did some update, now it is working perfect.
I think it is a known issue, if you go on Topix you can find something on the subject. I can ask the dealer what he did if you want.

Post #86146621st Nov 2011 2:24 pm
CarlFraz

Thanks for the pointers guys but I really feel a bit iffy about the whole car as it has some paintwork down length of the nearside which I believe is accident damage repairs, so my heart isn't in the car at all. I popped into my local dealer to find a brand new 8 speed HSE in Orkney with 20" alloys, privacy and tow bar, so deposit going on table in the morning as salesman had left early for the evening!!
Can't wait now!!!

Post #86179621st Nov 2011 11:57 pm
assmageden

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
Reduced performance

Just had my 2011 freelander sport 190 dragd in by LR assist for reduced power. Told by the geezer it was software relating to the EGR valve. Updated software in car park which cleared fault on dash but fault still remained. Eventually narrowed down to EGR sensor which was replaced and hay presto. Have been told there is a known fault with the EGR sensors and software upgrades are being carried out as and when people get stuck.

Traded it in for a disco 4 2012 xs now..... No mats for 44k which is a bit tight but the 8 speed zf and 255 engine is sweet.

Post #86469429th Nov 2011 12:51 am
CarlFraz

Picked up the 2012 DISCO HSE today......oh she is bliss!!!! Great colour, Orkney....privacy a great contrast, new sat nav brilliant...especially the day and night colours now, volume adjustable parking sensors which are further highlighted as stereo volume drops on their sounding....hooray!!!!, Bluetooth to iPhone music brill, 20" wheels to die for....and the 8 speed auto/paddle shift is so smooth.....Land Rover, if she don't break this is the car of cars I am telling you!!!!! Today you have one VERY HAPPY customer!!!

Post #86469529th Nov 2011 1:00 am
chopdogs

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

My 2010 MY Disco4 had a recent issue with reduced performance.

First time it cleared itself, second time the same

Third time I asked for it to be taken in.

Garage called back the next day - bottom line was that a vacuum hose was damaged and needed replacing. Cost was £185 inc labour & VAT

"Surely covered under warranty?" I asked, somewhat surprised

"Afraid not" they said - "We don't cover rodent damage"!!!

Question for you guys. Given that LR have a heritage in countryside usage, do you think that these sorts of hoses be braided/otherwise rodent proofed?
 14 Disco 4 HSE  
Post #8689759th Dec 2011 5:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >