Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Reduced Performance Message on D4 XS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 9 <123456789
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Lucky it was only a hose. They tend to eat the elbow off the tank, it would be a new tank then.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #8690759th Dec 2011 11:23 pm
stick

United Kingdom 2010 LR4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Izmir BlueLR4

Done 40,000 miles now. Happened twice last week, second time wouldn't clear. LRA hooked up, four error codes tell him that secondary turbo valve stuck open - you can also hear a hiss from the car at idle. He freed it up - not hard to do if anyone interested? Drove to dealer and got an identical HSE replacement so no complaints there. Dealer to replace secondary turbo.
 d4 HSE  
Post #88733423rd Jan 2012 11:22 am
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

stick wrote:
Done 40,000 miles now. Hapfour error codes tell him that secondary turbo valve stuck open - you can also hear a hiss from the car at idle. He freed it up - not hard to do if anyone interested?
Mine had P006A, P00BD, P1247 & P0235 today. Clearing the faults with engine not running didn't last but clearing with engine idling then quickly giving it some revs a few times has done the job for the moment. It was booked to have the 2nd turbo replaced next week anyway due to lots of smoke when using wide throttle after extended cruising, so hopefully whatever caused today's hissy fit will be fixed too. Home of LLAMS, for LRs and Jeep GCs  
Post #91277222nd Mar 2012 3:00 am
kennycuerden

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Got reduced performance message on Nov 2009 D4 with 42K miles on the clock. Message cleared but took to LR dealer. They have supplied and fitted a kit to turbo compressor shut off valve, and replaced the intercooler pipe. Was all covered by LR extended warranty but hope I don't get the same problem in July when I plan to take the family off road up the French and Italian Alps.

Post #110784523rd May 2013 8:54 pm
kennycuerden

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Got reduced performance message on Nov 2009 D4 with 42K miles on the clock. Message cleared but took to LR dealer. They have supplied and fitted a kit to turbo compressor shut off valve, and replaced the intercooler pipe. Was all covered by LR extended warranty but hope I don't get the same problem in July when I plan to take the family off road up the French and Italian Alps.

Post #110784623rd May 2013 8:54 pm
stick

I had heard that they no longer replace the part, but have some workaround instead. Presumably they think that is just as good as they won't want to see the car again for the same problem. Mine has done 70,000 now and no recurrence.
 d4 HSE  
Post #110799924th May 2013 9:27 am
GraemeS

stick wrote:
Done 40,000 miles now. Happened twice last week, second time wouldn't clear. LRA hooked up, four error codes tell him that secondary turbo valve stuck open - you can also hear a hiss from the car at idle. He freed it up - not hard to do if anyone interested? Drove to dealer and got an identical HSE replacement so no complaints there. Dealer to replace secondary turbo.

This could be my vehicle's current problem. I'm very interested in the freeing-up process as the fault, whatever it is, is hard on. I currently suspect a stuck valve. Oh yes, oil going back into the airbox from the secondary turbo too.

Edit: Yes it was the cause, having found the location of the valve in another Disco3 post. Thanks anyway.
 Home of LLAMS, for LRs and Jeep GCs  
Post #111747415th Jun 2013 9:05 am
stick

Glad you sorted it, didn't see your post till today.

Will do it again, so recommend booking it in!
 d4 HSE  
Post #111845917th Jun 2013 9:15 am
GraemeS

I removed the housing to give it a good clean but will be checking if LR now have a boot that fits over the end of the shaft as it will indeed re-occur due to the lack of protection.
 Home of LLAMS, for LRs and Jeep GCs  
Post #111886617th Jun 2013 10:38 pm
Bruce

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I have a 63 plate 5 days old and I have just had the same problem. Managed to drive to Lakeland landrover at 30 mph. Their system showed a fault in the DPF system.
Having not been able to find anything it just cleared itself. I have cancelled a trip to Germany based on the worry of it leaving me stranded "Sausage side".
 If you are not part of the solution,you are part of the problem!
D4 Graphite
Ford F-150 Raptor
Audi RS6

Hymer Exsis 

Post #115785115th Sep 2013 5:43 pm
disco4tt3

My Disco 4, 3L TT recently showed the Reduced Performance warning when revs got to around 3500, so looking like a secondary turbo issue. Official fault code was P22D2-77 actuator stuck open.

Quotes to fix ranged from $1k for an actuator service kit by an indie, to $4k for turbo replacement by LR.

Chatting to my mates over a few beers and they said let's take a look in the engine bay - it was mud!!! Totally visible from the engine bay without removing a screw.

We sprayed with some silicone spray and freed the actuator rod with a long screw driver and low and behold, no more warning. It's been a week since and I've tested it every day since. All good!

Computers do not know it all. A visual check is mandatory and I wish more mechanics would do that. I just didn't know where to look - but I'll now add to my cleaning procedure post mud work.

Post #17461679th Dec 2016 1:17 am
dgardel

Italy 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

disco4tt3, you are RIGHT! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Discovery 5 tdv6 HSE Corris Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License

Post #17462299th Dec 2016 9:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 9 of 9 <123456789
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >