DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Rejecting a new car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
rtune

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Popelka wrote:
rtune wrote:
They advised me to get a quote for sorting it out and that they would send me a cheque, either from my paintshop (My Business) or from a local dealer. However the local dealer doesnt have a paintshop so i sent them a quote from mine. I gave them the choice to have it repaired by paying up

I'm confussed here Embarassed

did you send a quote to LR office who was dealing with your complaint or to the local dealer?
I would think both would be good option as it maybe gives you access to potential business from the loacal dealer if other customers have issues or maybe you could offer help with PDI's

Well i noticed the paint defects, and spoke to the dealer, they said send in a quote from either your paint shop, or from a LR Paint shop, and we'll reimburse you. I said okay fair enough, so i went to my local LR dealer, as the dealer i had bought the car from is over 100miles away. The Local LR Dealer didnt have a paint shop onsite but there paintshop was 40miles away, i didnt want to go that far so i got a quote from my own Paintshop and sent it in.

The overall reason i am really annoyed is that i threw them a lifeline with the chance to rectify it (knowing full well they wouldnt get it right), but they chose not to contact me or return my emails. Only when i starting asking for the name of the DP and i sent back my LR new car questionaire with a bad bad review did someone bother to get in touch. At the end of the day i have paid a shed load of money for a LR, which should be free of defects.

UPDATE: Spoke to the dealer on the phone, he was offering to collect the car and trailer it etc and let them put it right, i told him he lost that right as of Friday and that i no longer want a defective car. He's asked me the mileage etc, and says he will speak to LR HQ and come back to me.

Post #68393519th Aug 2010 8:36 am
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

So what exactly where the paint defects that you spotted?

Did you get any photos that you can share?
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #68393819th Aug 2010 8:40 am
rtune

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

I will put some pics up later, but there is 4 areas:
1. Door Handle on the OSR has a run or imperfection in it.
2. Rear Bood lid Shut has been damaged with what looks like a screw driver when fitting the strut to hold the told tailgate section open.
3. NS Front Wheel arch has a pin hole in the paint, (this is most likely to come from the primer coat.
4. A great big bit of dirt on the NSR 1/4 panel in the door shut.

Post #68400019th Aug 2010 10:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >