Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Rejecting vehicle advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
jd

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Rejecting vehicle advice

Have just found your site, which looks good, and I'm looking for some advice from members who have been sucessful in getting a new replacement D3 from Landrover as the one I bought 15 weeks ago is Censored .

They claim its great off road, but the only off road experience I've had so far is seeing it on ramps in the service bay at Rossleigh Landrover in Perth. Its been off road for 20 days so far and now they want it in for another week.

The Turbo went after 40 miles and took 15 days to fix. Ive had a brake sensor replaced and had to wait 10 days for new handbrake parts to stop the squeeeeeek.
Then it needed a new bottom steering rack and now the clutch and or gearbox has to be removed to fix a gearchange problem. All this within 4500 miles.

Enough is enough so for the second time I am formally rejecting the car as a lemon and would be gratefull to hear any members experiences or tips on how a private owner can take on Landrover.

Post #4293517th Feb 2006 2:51 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

First, welcome!

Second, your fight will be with your dealer and not Land Rover. Also, whilst it doesn't sound good, as you do not appear to have a single fault that your dealer is unable to rectify - as in a recurring, unfixable problem - your grounds for rejection may not be that strong. I would suggest that your best hope is that you get your salesman and dealer principal to agree that your vehicle has suffered too many faults; their argument may well be that all the problems can and will be fixed. Whilst they maintain that position, you have to give them a chance to do so.....if they cannot, well then the situation becomes better for you.

Post #4293717th Feb 2006 3:28 pm
aitchy

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

search under this thread "Rejection process How long did it take?" to get some views on hoe to behave for a positive result
 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue and still smiling  
Post #4294117th Feb 2006 4:07 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

I am interested in advices also...

14 days for a battery are too much !

I am off to Nissan for the moment. Ouch...

Even though the law in France is not in favor of the customer, I am interested in as much ammunition as I can get...

Post #4294717th Feb 2006 4:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

Gurvan wrote:

I think I would start to get a little upset with the dealer.........

Rejection? In the UK, not a chance - in France, I would think even more unlikely.

Post #4294917th Feb 2006 4:32 pm
MVS

I would tend to agree with Wingers comments.

To date I am nearly in my third D3 in 12 months:

D3 ver 1- suffered multiple bouts of suspension probs mainly, and in the end through a lot of negotiating / badgering my DP when they could not fix it to stop it throwing up errors I paid aprox £2.5k to replace with a new one after 10 months and 10k miles.

D3 ver 2- I had this car less than 2 miles and 10 mins as when I drove it away from the forecourt it threw up every error in the book and the suspension sank to the floor, needless to say this was returned straight away. Two days later the diagnosis was rodent damaged wiring loom at the factory- car was rejected on the spot by telling DP, but also rang LRCS so that they were aware (I have a written log for my memory and piece of mind)

I am currently in my delaers freeloader awaiting a thoroughly checked D3 ver 3- as DVLA are being a pain transfering my cherished number from the rejected D3 ver2.

In short deal with your dealers principle,& be nice if persistent, get LRCS in the loop, (but they can slow things down as if the DP does his job it cuts out the call centre script readers). Oh and be patient.....

Post #4296117th Feb 2006 5:56 pm
Gurvan

Winger wrote:
Gurvan wrote:

Rejection? In the UK, not a chance - in France, I would think even more unlikely.

I am more than a little upset with the dealership and the French LRCS... But I am virtually shackled by them... Nevertheless and even though I am not a big fan of legal action, this is nonetheless what I am starting right now...

I bought my car through the Internet as I was living in Senegal at the same time and everywhere I go I get a treatment which is NOT commensurate with the one I should receive after buying such an expansive car...

I am fed up... Time go to legal...

Post #4296517th Feb 2006 6:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Malcolm

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Only a boy here on number 2 D3...however welcome to the site!

As others have said you fight is with the dealer not LR and that makes no difference if you have finance or not. My dealer put it that since Ford took the helm they will push any complaint to a legal test case. This is added to the apparent fact that in the UK D3 sales are at 125% of forcast.... or Ford could not care a flying "intercourse". Ford will wake up no doubt when the world goes mad and buys Landcruisers
 Alive and kicking..who's round is it anyway ??  
Post #4296617th Feb 2006 6:04 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

Gurvan wrote:
Winger wrote:
Gurvan wrote:

I am more than a little upset with the dealership and the French LRCS... But I am virtually shackled by them... Nevertheless and even though I am not a big fan of legal action, this is nonetheless what I am starting right now...

I bought my car through the Internet as I was living in Senegal at the same time and everywhere I go I get a treatment which is NOT commensurate with the one I should receive after buying such an expansive car...

I am fed up... Time go to legal...

Go and buy a replacement battery and give them the bill, or insist that they take a battery from another vehicle.

Post #4296717th Feb 2006 6:07 pm
Gurvan

Winger wrote:
Go and buy a replacement battery and give them the bill, or insist that they take a battery from another vehicle.

Impossible... I even tried paying for it and what they are saying is : "If we don't provide the battery ourselves, the warranty is out regarding any electrical problem"...

Now, who would like to run such a risk on a DIII ? Confused
I certainly don't !

Basically, the battery has to be approved by L.R ! That absurd policy has me driving a Scenic for 2 weeks now... Sad

Post #4296917th Feb 2006 6:11 pm
MVS

I wouldn't go legal, if it is just a battery that is the root cause of the frustration let them fix it.

If you go the legal route you will probaly get nowhere at a very slow pace run up a big legal bill, and possibly still have a disfunctional car.

If they are frustrating the hell out of you with the Customer service niceties, do it back to them, make a point to keep in touch with them. don't lose you're rag or you'll end up costing yourself more than if you just get the battery and trade the car in for something else if the LR experience is not for you.

Post #4297017th Feb 2006 6:15 pm
Gurvan

MVS wrote:
I wouldn't go legal, if it is just a battery that is the root cause of the frustration let them fix it.

The battery, the "welcome" and other niggles are the cause of the frustration... The battery is the last drop... Wink

MVS wrote:
If you go the legal route you will probaly get nowhere at a very slow pace run up a big legal bill, and possibly still have a disfunctional car.

I do have a contract for legal assistance... I'll use this... Might not account to much, but hey, I still have a Scenic as hostage in the meantime...

They wanna play it rough ? Well those morons are running a huge rental bill for a small battery... I guess that they already payed 4 time that battery with no end in sight... If they cannot do better than this, I'm afraid to see what will happen if the supension fails...

MVS wrote:
If they are frustrating the hell out of you with the Customer service niceties, do it back to them, make a point to keep in touch with them. don't lose you're rag or you'll end up costing yourself more than if you just get the battery and trade the car in for something else if the LR experience is not for you.

Sorry, but if 2 weeks with no end in view is the Land Rover Experience for 56.000€, I don't wanna play it...

Post #4297217th Feb 2006 6:23 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

Gurvan wrote:
Winger wrote:

Impossible... I even tried paying for it and what they are saying is : "If we don't provide the battery ourselves, the warranty is out regarding any electrical problem"...

Now, who would like to run such a risk on a DIII ? Confused
I certainly don't !

Basically, the battery has to be approved by L.R ! That absurd policy has me driving a Scenic for 2 weeks now... Sad

If I was you, I'd go and get an identical battery and go and stick it on the service managers desk. The type Land Rover may stipulate, but not the particular battery.

Post #4297417th Feb 2006 6:36 pm
Gurvan

We are straying from the main theme... Wink

Anyway, I am looking into advices as how the system works in your countries and how I could use it in France... Wink

Post #4297517th Feb 2006 6:41 pm
jd

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks for advice everyone. Will keep you posted with result on my attempt to get a fair deal from Rossligh and Landrover

Post #4299317th Feb 2006 10:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >