Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Remote Locking from KeyFob not working (Again)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 11 <123 ... 91011>
CharlieL72

New Zealand 2007 LR3 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Key remote not working.... - FIXED :-)

Just a quick update to say our remote is working again.

Turned out to be a dry solder joint in the receiver in the roof. This was found and fixed by the local LR dealer. I gather from the service manager that this along with the joint by the passenger seat is the first places they go looking.

Post #187092721st Oct 2017 6:06 pm
Sammi

France 

Hello
it's wonderful, my central Locking has not worked for six months
My Land Rover garage changed me the RF receiver reprograms the keys without success 😢

I have an LHD the Faisseau is reversed, so the problem is right exactly As you explained it
Thank you for your post.
👍👍👍👍

Post #190470622nd Jan 2018 9:23 am
DaveDisco3

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hi. I am having real problems with my remote central locking not working. Although very occasionally it does. I have found the splice and redone that. I have a steady 12v at the receiver. So I ordered another receiver and I am still having the same issue.
The odd thing is, if I run the engine briefly, shut the door then it locks straight away, but yet will not open again for an eternity!!!! What else can I check? I really need this working!!!
Why oh why didn’t a wheel bearing just collapse or something?!!!!
 D3 Tonga HSE 2005
Sport body kit
Beanie grille
LED interior lights
LED side lights
De-tango
IID Bluetooth
Icarsoft i930
Clock on dash
Three flash indicators 

Post #191773122nd Feb 2018 9:24 pm
stephanieb123

United States 2006 LR3 5.0 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Help please!

I have pulled up the trim with the logo on it but there is a plastic piece covering up the wiring loom that I can't get up for the life of me. I am so frustrated and don't want to break it. From what I can tell there are 2 white plugs on it. I don't know how to move it to get to the wires. I have looked all over the internet. And the previous posts say they can't figure it out and then reply right back and said they got it but don't describe how to remove that piece.

I need help. I want working fobs.

Post #19237408th Mar 2018 5:47 am
Myles Tagoyet

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3

DaveDisco3 wrote:
Hi. I am having real problems with my remote central locking not working. Although very occasionally it does. I have found the splice and redone that. I have a steady 12v at the receiver. So I ordered another receiver and I am still having the same issue.
The odd thing is, if I run the engine briefly, shut the door then it locks straight away, but yet will not open again for an eternity!!!! What else can I check? I really need this working!!!
Why oh why didn’t a wheel bearing just collapse or something?!!!!

Greetings to you all,

I tend to lurk in the background reading etc, but have to say, what an informative thread, my thanks to those that have contributed - the site in general is a real asset to all.

I stumbled across this thread in an attempt to resolve the issue that we have with our fobs.

In essence, we just had our Discovery 3 delivered back from the garage having had the EPB repaired, as the driver went to leave I attempted to use the fob to lock the vehicle - I it didn't work. So I stopped him and asked him to try and resolve the issue. He called his garage who suggested that the fob battery was probably low - I suggested that it should not be after a 3 hour trip....

We went through the manual looking for hints etc, re-synced the keys (both of them) etc. etc. vehicle locked on the fob.

Next morning, the vehicle would not unlock using the fob, so I entered through the passenger door, setting off the alarm, climbed across, inserted the key - alarm silenced and all of the doors unlocked, vehicle started no problem, drove to work, parked up, locked the vehicle with the fob - no issue.

At lunchtime, went to the vehicle, it wouldn't unlock with the fob, unlocked it via the passengers door and so on, same again when I went to return home.

it seems, that the central locking does not work with either key fob after the vehicle has been left a while, noting that immediately after exiting the vehicle, the vehicle can be locked and unlocked using the fobs, but not after a period of time has elapsed.

I am now in an endless cycle of emails with the garage, they say it worked fine whilst in their care, I have responded informing them that it worked perfectly when the vehicle left my care too, but not when it was returned by their man! I also note the I am not the first person to remove the passenger side key cap, it has obviously been removed very recently, I note also that the drivers side key cap (not there is a key slot on the drivers side) has also been removed recently, as it is loose. I know they will have disconnected the battery whilst carrying out the EPB repairs - is this a red herring?

I wonder, does my problem chime with anyone else?

I am loathed to return the vehicle to the same garage again, as they are in Highbridge, Somerset (and I have little faith left in them) and I live in Carmarthenshire, some 3 hours away.

Can anyone recommend a good Independent LR garage in the Carmarthenshire area?

Post #19241679th Mar 2018 11:19 am
MachineShedFred

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Robbie wrote:
Diagram of splice SJ50 that feeds the remote locking RF Receiver and the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System from the Central Junction Box Fuse 43P :

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

C0585-46 GW,0.5D - SJ50 GW,0.5D - C0049-1
C0586-21 U,0.5D - C0049-2
FUSE 43P 10.0 Amps
Receiver-Radio frequency (RF) (T203)

Thumbs Up

Using the above diagram, I had the idea to use actual tools to try to find the correct junction, because I see nothing like what has been pictured in other posts here. I've spent two hours now trying to find this 3-wire green-and-white connection and I'm at a loss. Here's what I've done:

Pulled fuse 43, checked which side is the battery with a volt meter: bottom pin is 12VDC to ground on the door. Plugged a small blade screwdriver into the top pin, and used alligator clip to attach my handy Fox and Hound wire tracing kit:

I then used the wand (hound) to "listen" to each wire and see which one generated the strongest signal. I ended up with this 4-wire green / white junction:

As I had nothing else that even looked close to what has been posted, I cut it open and found a much more substantial junction than the dodgy one pictured elsewhere. I checked it for continuity to fuse 43 and there was no measurable resistance.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Could Land Rover have changed the wiring, or could this have been a dealer fix from a previous owner?

At any rate, my keyless entry only works about every 10th button press, and it's driving me (and more importantly, my fiancé) nuts.

Could I be the one LR3 owner with a different keyless entry issue? Thanks for any insight anyone can provide!

Post #193896222nd Apr 2018 10:51 pm
Martrum

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi All

I have found the loom on the passenger side (RHD UK vehicle) but I cannot find a join in any green wires. There is a join in some thin red wires !

Have I got the correct loom ? Is it defo on the passenger side ?

Post #194826926th May 2018 11:41 am
gstirrop

United Kingdom 

HI i have central locking issues with my discovery 3 (55 plate). I have read the various posts on this forum and other forums and so far changed the RF unit in the headlining, run new fused supply to the unit as this was suspect and purchased a new key and had it paired with the vehicle and still the key will not work the central locking (central locking works fine via the switch. Anyone have any ideas what could the issue here ? Could it be the Blue wire from the RF unit, if so how can this be tested ?

Post #196198010th Jul 2018 5:56 pm
nthor

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
Remote locking not working(FIXED)

I have to say a great forum, remote locking had played up once before but started working a day later, put it down to a Discovery 3 thing..

Anyway it stopped working again a few days ago so I found the thread on here about soldering the three green and white wires together where they join.

I got to the the loom today and found the connector about 4" to 6" forward of the seat-belt as many others had mentioned, on looking all looked well, all dry and the three wires all looked good, secure and the connection clean and strong, heart sank Rolling Eyes

Well I am here now I thought so cut the end and re-joined them with solder and added some heat shrink, tried the remote thinking bet nothing happens and to my shock remote locking now works Very Happy

My advise to anyone reading this is that even though all looked good, this forum was right again.....

Great information here, thanks to all who have added the many topics Thumbs Up

Nigel

Post #19820219th Sep 2018 8:22 pm
hillbillypop

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Remote Locking from KeyFob not working (Again)

Scott_Fred wrote:
Ok, so a few months ago I reported here that my Remote Locking from the keyfob stopped working. It didn´t work for a month, or maybe more. Tried spare key, no joy... Didnt get time to send it into the local stealer, who probably wouldn´t have a clue anyway and would use 50man hours and replace every part known to mankind.

Anyway, the point is that one day it started working again, everything was fine and dandy once again. Didnt do anything different, it just worked.

That was about a month ago, so worked for 4 or 5 weeks no problem.

Yesterday. Stopped working again. How annoying is that ?

It must be a connection somewhere on the receiver unit maybe ? Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Hi
I had this problem two weeks after buying this immaculate piece of Censored .I tried all the green wire fixes without avail after about 12 months of ignoring it the bonnet open warning kept popping up that Censored me off enough to disconnect it and tape in a staple .Hey problem solved no more bonnet warning and most of all my key remote now works perfectly. for the cost of a staple and bit of tape its a cheap easy fix just make sure yer bonnets shut.

Post #198566123rd Sep 2018 12:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nthor

update

After soldering the three wires as per previous post all was well until today when it would not unlock, so opened via the key on the passenger door and now remote works again.

Any ideas?

Post #198652725th Sep 2018 9:17 pm
D3lta

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Helping a friend out with their D3 today, the keys don't work at all for locking/unlocking (tried 2nd key as well).

Trying to do the green/white wire trick but I can't find the splice for the life of me in the loom.

Can anyone give a better idea of where it should be? I'm hoping it's not in the conduit. Pics for reference.

2006 Discovery 3 - HSE Auto  
Post #19976924th Nov 2018 10:53 am
Scott_Fred

2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Make sure you are on the passenger side of the car.

It's in that loom somewhere but can be a little hard to find in some cases. Undo the tape, un-bunch the cables and have a good look. Separate the wires with your fingers, sometimes it's in the middle of the cable bunch.

If you look at around halfway between the door frames and work both ways.

EDIT - Just saw the conduit you mentioned on your image. I don't remember seeing a conduit like that on mine and the splice was not that far back, but I do remember others finding the splice in various places, but mostly more forward of where that conduit is on your picture.

Post #19976984th Nov 2018 10:59 am
D3lta

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I've had a good look through the loom the full length of the front passenger tread plate. I can find a red/black wire connector which I assume is completely unrelated.

I also found a green/pink 2in, 1 out splice right up near the front (under bonnet catch). Is this the right one? Not green/white so obviously questioning it.

2006 Discovery 3 - HSE Auto  
Post #19977184th Nov 2018 11:18 am
nthor

D3lta wrote:
Helping a friend out with their D3 today, the keys don't work at all for locking/unlocking (tried 2nd key as well).

Trying to do the green/white wire trick but I can't find the splice for the life of me in the loom.

Can anyone give a better idea of where it should be? I'm hoping it's not in the conduit. Pics for reference.

I found my join about 1/3 the way forwards of the B Post towards the A post, there are a lot of wires in the loom so have a good poke about

Post #19978114th Nov 2018 6:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 10 of 11 <123 ... 91011>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >