Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Remote unlocking not working....much
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RPG

United Kingdom 
Remote unlocking not working....much

Remote locking / unlocking has more or less stopped working. I say more or less because sometimes it still does...maybe one in every 5 journeys or one in every 50 attempts. Both keys affected. I don't cycle my keys, so I suspected it might be flat key batteries. I opened up the spare key and tried it with a 3V CR2032 because I don't have a VL2330 to hand. That should work, shouldn't it? Well, it doesn't. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by RPG on 11th Sep 2010 11:23 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #69175110th Sep 2010 8:51 pm
Q86ARR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Manual Bali BlueDiscovery 4

The key receiver is between the two sunroofs on the RH side. Most likely cause is the green and white wire to the CJB (fusebox) has become corroded.

Post #69180210th Sep 2010 10:41 pm
RPG

United Kingdom 

Loosened roof lining this morning and found the sensor (I think). It does have green+white wire going to it - half way between mid seat head lights and right hand side pillar. Anyhow, no sign of any water nor any corrosion this far back. Checked fuse 49 - seems ok.
Symptoms are that either key will work maybe 1/100 times...it might lock. It might unlock. It is unlikely to do both...unless you do one right after another.

Post #69187111th Sep 2010 11:29 am
RPG

United Kingdom 

Well, neither key has worked all day so I took the car to AD15's place and he kindly (or is that foolishly) let me dismantle his D3 Shocked in the name of scientific experimentation Mr. Green

So, I nicked his sensor and put it in my car. Nothing.
I put my sensor in his car. His key worked fine.

I tried charging one of my keys by taping it it his in his car for 6 mins, but still no joy.

So, not fuse, not sensor, both keys not responding at the same time, still no closer to an answer Banging Head

Figure I might buy the right battery just to rule that one out for sure. What else is there that might cause a problem where it starts intermittently, gets rapidly worse over a few days and then fails all together? I believe the key transmits the code to the receivor / sensor in the roof lining which sends it down the green / white wire to the CJB and then on to the CanBus and main ECU before the lock / unlock code is confirmed and the central locking activated. I can't see how the intermittent, degrading nature of the fault could be caused by ECU / Canbus / CJB without at least throwing other errors...so got to be battery in the key fob, right?

PS. Thanks, Ady Bow down You're a brave man Laughing

Post #69202711th Sep 2010 8:39 pm
DiscoBlack

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I had a similar problem with the remotes not working (at all). Dealer ran a new wire from the fuse box to the sensor, as the original 12v feed was suspected of corroison, this sorted out the problem.
Previously had water in the roof (drain holes blocked), so I suspect this may have been then original cause.
Key working fine.

Post #69241313th Sep 2010 9:10 am
top-tech

United Kingdom 

hi guys the problem you have is either a corroded green/white wire splice or green wire splice!! the splices are located under the passenger front tread plate.
remove the tread plate and the wiring loom cover and you will see the wiring loom beneath,split open the wiring loom and locate the green/white wire and the green wire and follow the wires till you find a splice joint taped up with light blue electical tape,here you will find the wires corroded,repair the wiring and your remote cdl operation should be restored Smile

Post #69439319th Sep 2010 1:16 am
en48

United Kingdom 

RPG - you had any luck?

I've got the same problem - but mine works for a week or so, then stops for a week or so. Then starts working again...! Driving me potty.

Think I can get the roof lining down for a look - but how do you get at the tread plates up?!

Post #6999044th Oct 2010 11:12 pm
RPG

United Kingdom 

I think top-tech has hit the nail on the head with my issue... Bow down I also have an untracable rattle that sounds like metal rolling on metal in that area and I did have a minor water leak from the sunroof a while back. However, my key started working again and it's been fine ever since, so I've not looked at it again....but I might have a quick peak under the footplate.

Post #7004646th Oct 2010 12:01 pm
ray81

Jersey 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi guys just a quick one. Is the green+white wire should have 12v on it and green one to. On mine green is 12v and green+white wire got 0.50v. Is that make any sense. Thanks
 LRD3 2005 HSE  
Post #8033153rd Jun 2011 8:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >