Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Renewed my Warranty Direct Policy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
big_si

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I was with WD last year, cost about £600 for Lux Care with the usual £50 excess, plus no betterment, emissions/airbag cover etc. etc. I claimed about £550 in total in three claims, so reckoned I was out of pocket by £200 when you add the excesses on. Sad

One claim was because of an MOT fail on a brake pipe, ball joint and track rod end. They didn't pay out on the brake pipe (which I knew wasn't covered), but the other items were ok. I also had claims on a door latch and EGR's which were accepted (after a bit of too'ing and fro'ing by my garage)!

This year (due to mileage) they downgraded me to Extra Care, but wanted to charge £700. After haggling they later agreed to match the £600 from last year but still only on Extra Care which I wasn't happy about. I'm not usually a risk taker and appreciate that these machines can prove costly to repair, but I decided that I wouldn't renew as it was becoming too costly.

They then told me about a new product called 'Extra Care Lite', which is £99 a year but only covers you if you are actually immobilised and have to be recovered by a breakdown service. (Items covered are the same as normal Extra Care and wear and tear is included). There is a limit on claims, 3 I think, but I'm happy that this should provide for the 'big ticket' stuff if it happens.

In respect of their product, I would agree with John C that essentially they are a decent company but their admin side is sometimes a bit, shall we say... 'hit and miss'. I too have had problems with getting matched paperwork and on one occasion they 'lost' my claim documents. Mad Just remember to keep copies of everything you send and keep on their backs until you get your cheque through, (I'm sure they purposely held onto one of my cheques until I rang twice chasing it up).
 2006 D3 S (I use it when I can prise the keys off the wife!)
2009 Astra CDTi SXi ecoflex (I use this when I can't!) 

Post #85994017th Nov 2011 1:55 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >