Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Replace front base model Land Rover speakers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NorDisco3

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Yulong WhiteDiscovery 3
Replace front base model Land Rover speakers

New to the forum and Land Rovers. When I wanted to replace my base Land Rover speakers, I couldn't find any good posts describing how to. So, here are some notes from my little project.

Here is what you see when stripping the interior of your front door. The speaker is a big plastic tube

First thing I did was to remove the plastic ring between the speaker and the door interior.

Then I took the whole speaker/tube out. Fitted with four screws. Here you see the inside (/back side) of the speaker.

With a knife i cut open the speaker from the fromt and removed the membrane (this is where you pas the the no return point!)

With a saw blade I removed the speaker part, and are only left with the "tube". The plan is to reuse this for the new speakers.

With a knife (be careful), I spiked off the edge of the tube down to a flat area.

Cutting off the edge (part of the outer tube) levelling it with the flat area where i plan to mount the new speaker.

Then I drilled holes for screws to attach the speaker

I also drilled holes for the wires to the speaker. Best to have these holes close to old connector and where the wires used to sit.

Since I now have four screws taking up room, I needed to adjust the plastic ring that goes between the speaker and the door interior.

For easier assembly I put some tape between the speaker (/tube) and the plastic ring to make it stick.

Now the "new speaker in the tube" can be mounted in it's old place in the door, before you replace the door interior.

The speakers I fitted are 17cm / 6.5' inch wide - Pioneer TS-A1733i.
Can i notice any difference? Absolutely, much more defined and less stressful. These 3 way speakers are able to play louder and still deliver clear sound from instruments and voice with different frequencies.

Very happy Very Happy

Post #19513496th Jun 2018 8:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >