Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

retro fit of exisiting Sat Nav with Chinese Andriod unit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
deanside

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
retro fit of exisiting Sat Nav with Chinese Andriod unit

Hi All , new to the forum but not new to disco ownership or RR. currently got a 2005 d3 which was an SE which looks like it may have had a previous upgrade to a LL sat nav and parrot bluetooth. Also fitted with video player screen in the back on the ceiling. Not sure which components came as standard on the car and which may have been added by pervious owners. Bluetooth not working when puirchased and cant seem to get it going , also sat nav out of date as loads of new roads around Norwich so nothing showing the new NDR etc. Not a problem thought I would solve a couple of problems by buying a Chinese after market upgrade and get it all in one new head unit. Decided to have a go myself as told it was plug and play! yes but no instructions, lots of cables ? so having to figure it out as i go . Got the old sat nav out, disconnected the cd/radio and switch panel above with hazards etc in and so far okay. managed to find one video on You Tube that sort of showed the process but different head unit. Gps connected and placed in bottom of screen on passenger side, as lead not long enough to get into roof above passenger? would this work in this position ? next the 4G aerial or it might be the wifi black and flat about 4" long with sticky pad on back. On video its show ( if its the same thing hard to see) they stick it behind the unit position (where the old sat nav would sit) i have it in the bottom l/h of front screen below new gps position .
Q is this okay or would I be better tucking it behind the unit ?. please advise if anyone has got the T shirt on this and I will ask some more questions if i can at next stage, rear camera, Aux plug in etc.

The unit I have purchased comes already fitted to the frame that surrounds the old sat nav as well as has the round air vents in , you pinch them from the original so not quiet the same as the tesla style or the other that sits in place of the sat nav unit.

Post #22763951st Feb 2022 2:47 pm
DaveJLBI

Ireland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

You might get quicker and more focused responses if you move your thread to the D3 section rather than the D4 section. Good luck with it

Post #22764671st Feb 2022 7:59 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Does this new unit replace the top screen or radio ?

Post #22764851st Feb 2022 9:00 pm
deanside

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

it replaces the top sat nav screen , the existing CD, Radio etc remains in place and working as normal.

this system connects to existing wiring/connectors from the now removed sat nav and remaining radio system.

Post #22764901st Feb 2022 9:25 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I think the Gps antenna will be ok.

If you look on YouTube for powerful LTD
They fitted one recently. 2 videos

Post #22765071st Feb 2022 10:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >