Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

HOW TO RetroFit OEM TV/DVD Screens
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Is everything powered up and do you have audio on cd/ radio etc ?
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #108043729th Mar 2013 11:57 pm
robbo770

Scotland 

Hi Wiggs thanks for the reply,

I had the DVD working on all screen, now its not visible, I get the TV on the front screen, but I have never so far managed to get the RSE visible on the head unit in the front, from the rear I can control the rear screens with the remote control and get the same dvd visible when I had it available......

I am going to try the tv's etc from the back via the remote tomorrow now its the weekend;

I know it is something small, I did not have the brown power lead in the connector at the drivers front footwell, would this have an impact on the head unit see it properly?

maybe I will need to run the missing brown wire from the head to fuse to drivers foot well and connect the rse in seperately...

I have tried RSE type 1, RSE type 2 and RSE undefined via the IID Tool options, the tv andrew got from you is a hybrid he said, so I set it to that, twith it as tv type RX1.

I think I need a software update for the car as when I have the 4x4 screen up, i cannot make the wheel base enlarge to the whole screen..

maybe its something else, maybe easier in FFRR mode....
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fit TDV6 intercooler hoses
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe
D3 to B4 front end Upgrade
OEM TV/DVD Screens+wireless Headphones! 

Post #108044230th Mar 2013 12:08 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

TV needs to be set to analog

There's quite a few settings that need to be selected including DVD / TV / RSE / audio .

How many options does the IID tool offer ?

Doesn't matter where you took the power from .. As long as its connected into the most
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #108044930th Mar 2013 12:25 am
robbo770

Scotland 

Thumbs Up

cheers, I will change the TV to analogue as well tomorrow and see if that helps.

can't understand if i have control of the tv and the dvd from the front why the RSE s not shown... Big Cry
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe

Post #108045130th Mar 2013 12:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robbo770

Scotland 

Hi Wiggs,

changed the tv to anologue and the selection between tv and dvd is back, screens working fine in the back with remote, but cannot get the rse to be visible in the front!!!!

I would like to know if the FFRR setting would help or not, I think I need to find someone with a Faultmate to check all settings, anyone in Aberdeen area willing to help out?

unless the RSE is not willing to be seen due to the rear door looms not being plugged in.

on the FFRR and the sports how do they feed the wireless headophones, do they just re-route tohe output to the doors as per the D3 wiring to Ir?

I think this maybe the easiest solution if the IR is able to process the sound on each audio, then my FFRR headphones will work straight away.

your help is greatly appriciated as this will help everyone else doing bits and bobs!

Rob
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe

Post #108058430th Mar 2013 1:11 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Robbo sorry forgot the other day Embarassed

The head phone unit sits on the bar between the 2nd and 3rd row sunroofs, it sits exactly in the middle, if you do not hve the sunroofs it is 24.5 inches from the front edge of plastic trim by the rear upper tailgate to the back edge of the sender unit. In other words there is 24.5 inchs between the plastic trim and the sender. Hope that makes sense if not or you need more info PM me a number and I will ring you.

Click image to enlarge
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #10814431st Apr 2013 11:54 am
MHP

England 

Robbo, does it need enabling to be seen in the front?

Post #10814491st Apr 2013 11:59 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

Robbo ours can be seen in the front until you start to move and then the front turns off I believ Pete does a magic box to enable it to work on the move on private roads of course.
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #10814511st Apr 2013 12:03 pm
robbo770

Scotland 

Hi Russell

got the video in motion box coming for the car, but I don't have the rear RSE control visible on the front head unit, so there must be another setting I need enabed, all is working correctly from the rear with a remote, i just need to work out how to get the transmitter plugging into the system and working, could you post a phot of your headphones you have for reference, don't know if you can but where the transmitter loom plugs in if you are willing to have a look in the drivers rear cubby hole!

flash camera will show the grey usb like connection if it visible as per the end of the cable I shown in the thread earlier.

thanks for you efforts , greatly appriciated! Thumbs Up
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe

Post #10815861st Apr 2013 5:27 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

D4 camera club 

Last edited by Russell on 1st Apr 2013 8:04 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #10816701st Apr 2013 7:53 pm
robbo770

Scotland 

Hi Russell,

thanks for the photo of the car and the headphones, they look the same as mine so think this mod should work, even spookier!!! is the fact you have the same living room suite as me!!!!

like minds think and buy alike!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

cheers Thumbs Up

I have just purchased a MSV-2 on this site!!!! Whistle

so I am hoping my problems for the RSE beening visible will soon be behind me from the weekend!!

cheers
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe

Post #10816801st Apr 2013 7:59 pm
robbo770

Scotland 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

WHAY HEY!!!! got the RSE working correctly with a software update of the touchscreen on my stock 2005 D3!!,

have been busy updating with the new Faultmate carefully and have got the touchscreen with nav on the move loaded, the instrumentation module updated and even got the clock on the dash programed!!.

The RSE is now controlable from the front with the power up of each headrest screen and what they are watching selectable on screen.

just have to work out the final puzzle which is to get it to recognise wireless headphones once plumbed in to the system, just need to see where they pulumb in, waiting on D4 complete wiring diagram and D3 complete wiring diagrams to see how to intergrate a cross over loom!!.

once known will post to let all know how I get on.

BIG thanks to FLACK for his help and master Guru class!
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe

Post #108723812th Apr 2013 3:33 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Glad to have been a help Rob, its one thing having a Faultmate, but when you first connect the FM to the car and want to upgrade your car this is when it hits you and you say Censored me where do I start.

I remember my first job I did was to upgrade the BCM and I Censored myself all the time the car was doing its thing as all sorts of errors are thrown up, but once you get confidence in the kit you know what to expect.

You have done some of the big ones now so all the rest should be simple and you can put the "L" plates away then ..lol

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #108725612th Apr 2013 4:17 pm
robbo770

Scotland 
Help required wiring schematic for these on the 2010 onwards

Hi everyone,

hope one of the guys with constant access to the LR site for wiring diagrams can help on this one listed for 2010 D4 onwards.

I need the actual wiring diagram specific to the IR unit that mounts in the middle rear roof span with the wiring loom connections to where?? is the question??

please see the part numbers to aid locating them with LR to track down the location, and biggest help is if the loom plug connector can be identified to allow me to purchase the male of it to alllow wiring in!

here is the pic's again

thanks guys will be the final hurdle to complete the rear system, and avoid the door plug in bits.

Click image to enlarge

part number

Click image to enlarge

with the new wireless connection loom to the roof!

Click image to enlarge

and the connector end, Need this connector type identified so I can order the male version to plug in!

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe

Post #108757313th Apr 2013 2:11 pm
robbo770

Scotland 

well as no-one came to my rescue with the diagrams yet!!!,

I am modifiying the cable I bought to allow me to intergrate the transmitter,

so here is some of the work acheived tonight!

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

cable then split down to the next stage!

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

and the next

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

this is due to the length for the D3 not being enough as the amp is under the drivers seat not in the rear boot quater like the D4's.

then I can pick up the original output wires for the left and right channel outputs as connected to the rear passenger doors.

so I now have:-

Black wire
Red Wire

seperately sheilded

Brown
Purple

and total cable earth shielding cover by the black outer cover of the who cable.

so what I need confirmed is

is the red 12 volts
is the black negative

is the audio + for both left and right conenected to purple and brown respectively.

do the audio use the earth shielding for common audio negitive?

can anyone help?????????

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe

Post #111074930th May 2013 10:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >