Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Return of the suspension fault (after various new parts)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I'm not certain of the volts for the reservoir valve but the operating current should be 1.12A with an acceptable peak of around 3.9A. It should be 100% open during operation in live values. Is it possible the black wire is an earth? If so a continuity test will provide some info. Other than that the exh valve should be .40A, during operation, pressure sensor 4.92 volts at idle. That's as much as I can dig up for now Embarassed
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #198551822nd Sep 2018 3:22 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Have tested across the pins with a multimeter that go to the reservoir block and getting 4 - 5 volts

Looking on the wiring diagram I see the black white wire is pos and black is neg

Just putting another reservoir valve block on to prove that’s ok

With the reservoir valve off the compressor will run, so know that’s ok

Will update as we go along Thumbs Up

Post #198552022nd Sep 2018 3:24 pm
gstuart

PROFSR G wrote:
I'm not certain of the volts for the reservoir valve but the operating current should be 1.12A with an acceptable peak of around 3.9A. It should be 100% open during operation in live values. Is it possible the black wire is an earth? If so a continuity test will provide some info. Other than that the exh valve should be .40A, during operation, pressure sensor 4.92 volts at idle. That's as much as I can dig up for now Embarassed

Bless u for the reply

Just putting back the reservoir valve after testing the connector pin that plugs into the reservoir valve

Have vaccum tested the rest

Post #198552122nd Sep 2018 3:26 pm
PROFSR G

Are you able compare the live values in your D3 with those you are testing?
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #198552322nd Sep 2018 3:30 pm
webego

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Gentlemen, we have success!

Gary, you are an amazing and generous soul. Extremely kind to give up your time to help me find and fix this fault. Definitely could not have done this without you.

So firstly hands up, I must have cross threaded the inlet on the front valve block (I hate these VOSS connectors). Gary pressure tested all the lines from the reservoir valve and also the lines to the front struts. This led us to the huge leak on the front valve inlet. Oddly though, even replacing the VOSS with a push fit (longer so picked up the thread deeper into the valve block), the line still couldn't hold any pressure. Turns out the end of the pipe must have been uneven and so wasn't sealing well in the push fit. Gary to the rescue once again, trimmed the pipe beyond the bump (there to help keep the VOSS for sliding down the line when fitting I guess), extended the pipe with another connector, connected new pipe in the valve block and hey presto, the pressure held! Fitted the recently new reservoir valve block back in the hope it was okay and thankfully everything worked as normal.

Unbelievably Gary helped me with this in the pouring rain....all day!

Many thanks again and thanks for all the pointers from everyone else along the way. Soooo happy to have this fixed.

Post #198559422nd Sep 2018 9:34 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Excellent news. Thumbs Up
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #198559922nd Sep 2018 9:56 pm
gstuart

webego wrote:
Gentlemen, we have success!

Gary, you are an amazing and generous soul. Extremely kind to give up your time to help me find and fix this fault. Definitely could not have done this without you.

So firstly hands up, I must have cross threaded the inlet on the front valve block (I hate these VOSS connectors). Gary pressure tested all the lines from the reservoir valve and also the lines to the front struts. This led us to the huge leak on the front valve inlet. Oddly though, even replacing the VOSS with a push fit (longer so picked up the thread deeper into the valve block), the line still couldn't hold any pressure. Turns out the end of the pipe must have been uneven and so wasn't sealing well in the push fit. Gary to the rescue once again, trimmed the pipe beyond the bump (there to help keep the VOSS for sliding down the line when fitting I guess), extended the pipe with another connector, connected new pipe in the valve block and hey presto, the pressure held! Fitted the recently new reservoir valve block back in the hope it was okay and thankfully everything worked as normal.

Unbelievably Gary helped me with this in the pouring rain....all day!

Many thanks again and thanks for all the pointers from everyone else along the way. Soooo happy to have this fixed.

Hi buddy

Ah shucks , thks mate Bow down

It was my great pleasure being able to help a fellow member and getting it all done and dusted between us

Happy days Thumbs Up

Post #198560722nd Sep 2018 11:20 pm
gstuart

PROFSR G wrote:
Are you able compare the live values in your D3 with those you are testing?

Hi

Apologises didn’t see this thread earlier , must admit I didn’t think of that Embarassed

I also made sure I took a reading across both pins of the reservoir valve connector , gave me 2 ohms for the coils and 4-5 volts supply Thumbs Up

Post #198560822nd Sep 2018 11:25 pm
gstuart

Narpy wrote:

Was great at the end of the day after finally starting the disco the pressure started to increase and slowly raised , happy days Thumbs Up

A small recap in what we done

After testing everything the reservoir valve wasn’t opening , compressor ran for a few seconds , motor temp was at 30c then shut down, no sound of the exhaust either , reservoir valve wasn’t opening , compressor was dead heading as it had know where to go

So with the reservoir valve removed had access to the pipes , vacuum tested the air tank, line to the back valve and line to the front

Front dropped like a stone , after cutting a new section of pipe to the front valve block vaccum test held

Tested power to the reservoir valve block , looked on the electrics wiring diagram , black and white wire was positive , black was neg , 4-5 volts , measuring across the pins with engine running

Turned engine off , coil resistance on reservoir valve was 2 ohms , matched to another spare valve block and was the same

All put back together , happy days all sorted out and we had a final well deserved cuppa Thumbs Up

PS , Finally connected the iid again , put the menus up of the valves open percentage , watched them at 100% as they opened and closed at access , normal and off road height

This was the original faults , hope it may assist someone else in the future

Post #198561022nd Sep 2018 11:36 pm
PROFSR G

Well done lads and especially you GS, or as we say in this part of the world, "you're a horse of a man" Bow down
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #198561323rd Sep 2018 1:18 am
gstuart

Rolling with laughter

Many Thks, defentely a joint effort Thumbs Up

Always nice being able to help where u can in giving something back to the forum who has helped my knowend

Post #198577423rd Sep 2018 6:25 pm
Ncallan

Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

gstuart wrote:
There’s also these suspension pdf manuals if u haven’t seen them

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...nsion_.pdf

http://media.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/u...iption.pdf

Thanks for uploading this Thumbs Up

Post #19977874th Nov 2018 3:05 pm
Ncallan

Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

PROFSR G wrote:
There's no shortage of relays in the box which are the same! The rating and pin assignment are printed on each relay!

Really ???? Shocked
Iv just checked , my suspension relay is totally different than all the others in the box. Shocked
I wonder could that be part of my suspension problem Idea

Post #19978034th Nov 2018 4:41 pm
PROFSR G

If it's different then you will need to find the exact same, perhaps it has been changed before which might explain any difference.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #19978284th Nov 2018 6:06 pm
eightfoot

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

gstuart wrote:
Narpy wrote:

Was great at the end of the day after finally starting the disco the pressure started to increase and slowly raised , happy days Thumbs Up

A small recap in what we done

After testing everything the reservoir valve wasn’t opening , compressor ran for a few seconds , motor temp was at 30c then shut down, no sound of the exhaust either , reservoir valve wasn’t opening , compressor was dead heading as it had know where to go

So with the reservoir valve removed had access to the pipes , vacuum tested the air tank, line to the back valve and line to the front

Front dropped like a stone , after cutting a new section of pipe to the front valve block vaccum test held

Tested power to the reservoir valve block , looked on the electrics wiring diagram , black and white wire was positive , black was neg , 4-5 volts , measuring across the pins with engine running

Turned engine off , coil resistance on reservoir valve was 2 ohms , matched to another spare valve block and was the same

All put back together , happy days all sorted out and we had a final well deserved cuppa Thumbs Up

PS , Finally connected the iid again , put the menus up of the valves open percentage , watched them at 100% as they opened and closed at access , normal and off road height

This was the original faults , hope it may assist someone else in the future

bit of a thread resurrection but im after some help please,got the yellow warning light on the dash(car with wobbly arrows) scanned with my iid says reservoir valve so have replaced it still have same problem
the suspension raises upto off road goes down and back to normal comp runs as expected but raises slow because the reservoirs not opening if I just turn ign on no fault shows but soon as I crank the bong and fault appear,if I clear code whilst engine running the comp fires for a second or two then stops as soon as light comes on and im showing 12v at the connector for valve until the light comes on then nothing have fitted old valve back on connectors to eliminate the new valve still the same have checked everywhere for bad/dirtyconnections found nothing so im stumped by this as every thing appears to be working as it should except the res valves not opening to allow res to fill any help gratefully received thanks
 please excuse any grammer/punctuation mistakes,i'm thick,thankyou
current vehicles 2005 d3 2013 d4 

Post #210768721st Dec 2019 3:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >