DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Over revving
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
dr_neil

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Over revving

OK...my Disco has developed a new characteristic, and it's slightly worrying

It's a 2005 HSE with BAS remap and BAS EGR blanking kit, 70,000 on the clock, I have the Disco for about 20 months.

So...the last three nights I've left work, where I have a few miles of city driving before a 30 mile commute home. This part of the journey is stop start etc and the new characteristic is that when I have to slow down at a roundabout or junction and put my foot down again occasionally the revs jump from below 1000 to over 4000 in about a second or two. This is not me flooring the accelerator, just an even pressure as I've always done.

If I slow down to a stop then accelerate there's no problem. This issue only appears when I'm braking, then accelerate or when I take my foot of the accelerator to reduce speed then put it back on again. It only occurs when the engine is cold as I can't get it to do this after it's been running for a while.

So any ideas on whats causing this sudden change in revs? when it happens I take my foot off the accelerator (even though I've applied little pressure) and the revs drop back down again.

I'm booked in my local indy tomorrow morning for a diagnostic, but it's bugging me.

EDIT: that teach me not the search the forum first - looks like I have the Autobox Gear Lever pivot issue - makes sense dropping out of gear, increase in rev etc.

Post #76353318th Feb 2011 7:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >