Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

would you risk it in a brand new, untested, d4?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
jkp

Scotland 

DSL wrote:
jkp this twonk?? http://haveyoursay.blogs.com/

That's the bloke......DT?!?

Post #62167516th Mar 2010 8:05 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stick

United Kingdom 2010 LR4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Izmir BlueLR4

AJS4X4 wrote:
I don't think it matters what make of new vehicle you decide to take on your hol's with your family, but one thing for sure is have a 5***** insurance to get your family safely to where you are heading, or delivered home in comfort.

Andy.

Is LRA a 5***** insurance? Or should I start that in another thread?
 d4 HSE  
Post #62169016th Mar 2010 8:45 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

LRA is extremely good. They will try and fix the car on the roadside if they can. If your car needs to be recovered you can get an LR replacement - make sure you tell them you need 7 seats or have 500Kg of luggage and Enterprise (in the UK) will try and get you a discovery or Defender.

If you drive the car to a garage yourself, you may not get a replacement car. To ensure the car gets recovered and you dont have to drive, just ask the LRA engineer to confirm the car is safe to drive and no lasting damage will be caused - 99% of the time they will advise recovery !!

Ive never had mine break down so its un-usable, but I have had it receovered to ensure I have a decent car for the time its in the dealers Thumbs Up
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #62169716th Mar 2010 8:59 am
clorenzen

2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Gentlemen,

I think his is a perfectly legitimate concern. I tool delivery of my tdv6 D4 in November and the battery went dead 3 times during the first 2 weeks. I had planned to take the car from my home in the UK to my house in the Alps but decided to leave it at home and take a plane as the dealer on the 3rd attempt still could not find a fault with the vehicle. Eventually I took the car on the 18th of December in the middle of a blizzard, snowed under in Calais and went on the following day. Outside Luxembourg the "reduced power" light came on and the car was incapable of doing more than 80 mph until I stopped and re-started it.
In Austria I had all the faults mentioned on these pages during the first weeks of January and then - out of the blue never to re-appear again.
These Discos have a life of their own and want to dictate your life. ! Don't let them and give the LR dealers hell if they cannot / will not help you.

Post #62604523rd Mar 2010 7:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >