Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Rough idle when cold
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JafaDiscoIV

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Rough idle when cold

I've got a 3 litre diesel discovery 5 that suddenly shutdown while driving. When scanning the codes, I had an "injector circuit short to ground". With injector 6 electrical connector unplugged, the car would then start again.

Replaced the injector with one of the same part number and year, but now I'm getting an issue of long crank times when it's been sitting overnight, followed by (for lack of a better word) misfiring at partial throttle causing jolting while driving until the car has reached operating temperature, at which point it's back to normal.

If I unplug the MAFs everything goes back to normal and it drives perfectly minus the occasional long crank time when sitting overnight. No sign of any vacuum leaks.

Both MAFs have been cleaned, and live values are consistant with my other discoveries but the injector hasn't been coded - I've switched injectors before and never found it necessary. Could this all be due to a bad injector?

Post #23472217th Sep 2023 10:59 am
Pimpintgepidge

As process of illumination I would definitely get the injector codes. I changed 4 in a transit in January and I’ll ran ok for 2 days then it started playing up and it turned out the injectors needed to be coded. Engines now are very cleaver and are learning new values overtime.
 2015 D4 HSE Loire Blue  
Post #23473288th Sep 2023 5:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >