Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Round or through Paris?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
SN

I didn't realise how far down Pau was! Shocked

I assume you're doing the A10/A65 so the Sat Nav should take you A25/A26 to A1 then as you approach Paris (near CDG before the Peripherique) zoom clockwise round Paris down the A3 onto the A86 - do the tunnels then a short stretch of the A4 West Bound then back on the A86, crossing A6A/B, around to the (bizarre) top end of the A10 and you're in the clear Thumbs Up
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #8232475th Aug 2011 10:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nobbyclark

If it's lunchtime on a Sunday, through is an option (les bleus will be eating), but for any other time, especially towing, go around. The periperique isn't all that. It's either at a standstill or everyone is doing 110kmh. Just watch out for people exiting at their chosen junction. They tend to do it at the last minute, without braking and across all available lanes in one go - bit like BMW drivers in the UK.
 No longer a D3 owner but still subscribed to multiple threads!  
Post #8232895th Aug 2011 1:37 pm
al cope

England 

I went straight through with tintent when heading in from Le Harve to Disneyland Paris - ignored satnav (and at one point wondering if I should have ignored SWMBO, as she was reading the map), but went through no problem.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #8430003rd Oct 2011 3:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Russell

United Kingdom 

We took a wrong turn a few years ago and ended up on the Boulevard Périphérique complete with a large tin tent in tow. It was very intresting and I lost more hair in those few hours than brininging up three kids. It is doable but not the most plesant thing I have done, I would go around if possible. Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #8431713rd Oct 2011 9:49 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

We drove to Spain in August, and went through Paris with large caravan on the way there. It was a Saturday morning, and the roads were quiet. However, on the return it was a Friday afternoon, so we gave it a wide berth to the west via Charteaux, Rouen, Amiens. It was a few more miles, but we got to Amiens from Toulouse in a reasonable time for an overnight halt.

Post #8431783rd Oct 2011 9:59 pm
maltesenick

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi, en route to Cadiz one year we landed up going round part of the Peripherique at midday on a Sunday instead of 0700'ish as planned due to a flat tyre on the van ( scaffold bolt right through the tread/sidewall - thank goodness for the Tyron band! )
So it came as a little"surprise" to discover that some of the exits/slip roads are in maybe the second or third of the four lanes in some parts and consist of tunnels which the lane disappears down under the adjoining carriageways. Which is all very well - except some are height restricted to less than (" is it, isn't it, I dunno - what is that in feet and inches - QUICK!!!" ) that of a caravan etc and when you are stuck in that lane with the tunnel fast approaching and the very accommodating Parisien drivers either side of you are ignoring your frenetic attempts to change lanes in order to avoid your caravan becoming a "cabriolet". Made the first available "aire" toilet a welcome sight - is all I'll say!! Happy holidays anyway! Nick

Post #8452459th Oct 2011 5:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >