DISCO3.CO.UK > Site News & Feedback

Rules concerning commercial posts on DISCO3.CO.UK
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Rules concerning commercial posts on DISCO3.CO.UK

NOTE: Companies who currently sponsor DISCO3.CO.UK by way of banner advertising or commercial posting licences are exempt from these rules (except rule c, which applies to companies even if they sponsor the site. Sponsoring the site allows companies to freely post commercial messages (except if they would break rule c) to promote new or existing products and/or services.

For details on becoming a DISCO3.CO.UK sponsor, please click here

RULES
  1. Commercial signatures, including those with links to company websites, are not allowed. Links to company websites in profile information are also forbidden. Companies are paying to advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK they help keep DISCO3.CO.UK running and support the Discovery 3, 4, LR3 and LR4 community.

2. Commercial posts (including Private Messages) promoting your products/services (or those of companies you have any type of formal relationship with) and/or services are not allowed on DISCO3.CO.UK, unless your post falls within the following specific guidelines/exceptions:

1. Your post is not commercial. We have members from companies who join in the social and discussion side of DISCO3.CO.UK and feel no need to promote their products and services, they're here as Discovery 3/4 owners and enthusiasts, which (of course) is welcomed!

2. The following exception does not apply to representatives of chip tuning/plug-in box/remapping companies/traders - you cannot supply any information in response to questions on the site.

Your post is an entirely informational reply to a request or question posted by a site member who is not associated with your company.

For example, if you sell tyres and someone on DISCO3.CO.UK asks for some technical information, you are free to reply with that information, but you must not make any reference to the fact that you may sell products related to the question. Please make a full and open reply on the forums, you must not ask for members to contact you personally for details, or send private messages to them. It's more helpful to them, and also to others who use the forums, if you share your knowledge openly. Remember: there must also be no commercial content to your post whatsoever.

3. Sponsoring companies cannot comment on products or services from competing companies whatsoever, nor can they compare their offerings to those from other sponsors, either publicly or via private messages. It is up to potential customers to compare offerings from sponsors.

4. Posts which contravene these rules and take advantage of the open nature of DISCO3.CO.UK will be removed without notice and offenders may, at site management discretion, be charged appropriately.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Last edited by Martin on 23rd Feb 2010 1:55 pm. Edited 5 times in total 
Post #3777316th Jan 2006 7:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Revised

Post #4285916th Feb 2006 11:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Rules updated

Post #2828916th Apr 2008 10:20 am
sparksmart

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Thank you for that, I apologise . I should have read all the rules before posting.
 Nothing Great Was Ever Achieved Without Enthusiasm  
Post #127138017th Apr 2014 4:55 pm
jamesSE4x4R

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Martin

Just a quickie, I've recently sold a property via an online agency ( super quick, easy and most importantly cheap ) as part of the process they give a discount code to be passed to friends and family giving a further discount. I just wondered if that was ok to post on the off topic thread? I don't want to fall foul of the commercial rules..

TIA

Jim
 www.southeast4x4response.org.uk Responder of 9 years service SE140
Ex defender 50th owner, GB165
2010 MY XS -sold
2014 MY HSE Lux curent
2017 MY Disco Sport (wife's)
" if it fly's, floats, is fast or fornicates you can't afford it my boy" RIP Gramps 2009 

Post #185243530th Aug 2017 10:05 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Hi Jim, thanks for asking about this. I would considering this a workaround of the commercial posting rules, they would gain business but would not be sponsors.

Post #185244330th Aug 2017 10:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >