Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Running out of fuel SDV6 3.0
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mantz22

Finland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Running out of fuel SDV6 3.0

I have a fuel issue with my D4 MY11 SDV6 3.0. The car is new to my so I don't have full history of it. I have now two times "run out of fuel" just 8-10km after the fuel light. Dist to empty shows 70-60 when light goes on, and 45-65 left when the motor stops. After stop I can fill in only 60-65 liters. Fault code is related to low fuel rail pressure. Unfortunately I did not save the fault code.

Cranking without fill did not start the engine, but 5 liters of diesel started it after some 6-7 crackings.

To me all this means that there should be fuel in the tank but for some reason fuel will not be goten from the tank.
By looking at the maintenance manual, it seems that there is just one collector from the tank. Could that be mispositioned or broken in a way that it will not be able to suck the remaining 15 liters?

Has anyone experienced this before?

Post #195867030th Jun 2018 5:45 pm
Mantz22

Finland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I found a topic from another forum where guy had similar issue. He could only use 3/4 of his tank capacity, and the 1/4 could not be lifted from the tank. Apparently there is a primary course filter in the swirl pot before jet or fuel pump. This filter had large amounts of "wax" or parafine like slime all over.

There were no more replies to that tread so I assume that the issue was fixed by cleaning that filter.

My plan is no to try to "melt" this with http://motul.speclube.com/products/all-pro...sel-300ml/

Post #19596513rd Jul 2018 7:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >