From Russia with love!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

BN wrote:
igor wrote:
Rus_Slon ПРИВЕТ! Сам зашел на ФОРУМ недавно, но приятно видеть НАШИХ! Кстати основной вопрос у меня был по Вебасте и BN очень доброжелательно встретил и дал максимум инфо, за что ему особое спасибо!!! Форум нравится, хотя я и слаб в английском (пиши-читай).
Мой привет был: www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5&a...;start=270 (стр.19). Но видимо ты прав, что презентовался в Май Диско!!! Wink
Кстати сейчас морозы в Москве крепчают до -30 и Webasto была бы кстати Smile)))).

Hi Igor, thank you for those kind words. Is it really -30 in Moscow now and did you say the Webasto is working?

BN, ask them to enter the Lowest D3 Temp reading competition! -30 Shocked thats damn cold and will take the lead by far!

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.ph...mp;start=0

I looked at the gallery pics, and the snow driving looks incredible. I am going to Poland next month (not in my Disco though), but that looks even better!

Post #3792917th Jan 2006 10:49 pm
BN

England 

Igor/Rus_slon можете Вы входить в самую низкую температуру для Москвы в том, потому что я думаю, что Вы победите
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.ph...p;start=60
I have asked Gareth. Moscow in winter is great, but sooo cold.

Post #3793517th Jan 2006 11:05 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Quote:
I have asked Gareth. Moscow in winter is great, but sooo cold.
I'll bet it is! My brother lives and works in Warsaw for the British Council. I am going to see him next month. He tells me it was minus 12 this morning, and he has to walk to work! He reckons it felt like it was freezing his face off!

Apparently it is still fairly mild in Warsaw, but its forecast to get really cold by next week.

What makes it really hard for my brother is that he got posted to Warsaw directly from Casablanca! Frying pan into the Freezer eh?

Post #3793917th Jan 2006 11:24 pm
BN

England 

Warsaw can be cold, very cold. Are you flying in or driving there? You must get some Amber for your wife as it is fantastic and very good value there, especially in the Jewish sector near to where they rebuilt the old palace. Sundays it is fabulous as there is a market and great entertainment.

Also on Sundays and I cannot recall the name of the place, but it is an old airfield near to the city and all the lads race their cars there. They are totally mad, but entertaining.

Post #3794417th Jan 2006 11:33 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I thought about driving, but I have only got 4 days, so makes sense to fly. Direct flights from Manchster to Warsaw with Polish Air £167 return including taxes - no contest really! Would be fun to drive, next time maybe.

Post #3794617th Jan 2006 11:35 pm
BN

England 

It makes sense to fly with limited time. RLD drove over there about 2 months agao and went off roading. He loved in.

I have a friend in St Petersburgh, Russia by the way who does a lot of off roading if you want to go somewhere different. Its a nice little trip via Estonia and Finland if you fancy real offraoding and adventure, but avoid the winter, it is really cold there.. He would appeal to Pelyma as he also hunts black bears.

Post #3794917th Jan 2006 11:43 pm
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I to will be Poland soon but are driving there!! we leave Dover tomorrow evening and head for Berlin to stay with a friend for two nights, then off too Lebork in the north of Poland to the girlfriends parents and maybe two days ay Warsaw before coming home. Im glad i have heated seats Laughing Hopefully will see some snow and on our return will post some photos
Matthew

Post #3797018th Jan 2006 8:18 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up have a good trip Sonic Thumbs Up sounds an awesome drive!

Post #3797118th Jan 2006 8:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thankyou 10forcash
We are looking forward to our trip. It will be a good test for the D3 hopefully she will be ok, we`ve only had it about 3 weeks!

Post #3797318th Jan 2006 9:15 am
igor

Russia 2005 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Hi ALL!
In Moscow Yesterday -23 - no problem in Start & Drive. Very warm with Webasto!!!
Today morning realy -30 Smile No Start - No Drive! I think, if I have Remote Control Webasto, I can start My Disco. Wink
But next problem - Disel winter fuel - after -30, doesn't work. Arctic Diesel is up to -70, but it's only in North Sibiria and for ARMY Smile
-30 realy cold, but no problem, because without wind!
After Sunday will be warmer - 19 Smile

BN, еще раз извиняюсь за плохой английский! Насчет возможности отметиться в рекордах низких температур - это я сделаю, только отмечаться нечем - машина ведь не завелась Smile Соляра видимо замерзла, хотя стартер крутил хорошо, но я не стал мучить машину. Думаю, что если бы прогреть машину Вебастой до запуска, то проблем-бы может и не было, мотор - был бы теплее. Подождем Рус_Слона Smile

Post #3799218th Jan 2006 12:03 pm
BN

England 

Thank you for making the record in the low temperature. You say the car would not start and you think it was probably frozen fuel.

Disco03, как известно, имеет проблему батареи с низким напряжением. В ваших температурах, это могло произвести старт. Топливо конечно могло быть произведено также.

Post #3804118th Jan 2006 4:02 pm
igor

Russia 2005 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

May be... Thank you!

Post #3804518th Jan 2006 4:43 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I wonder if any D3's are running here;

Post #3820219th Jan 2006 10:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12