Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

It was sad to see her go
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
ruben
D3 Decade 

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

although I think that with that car and if it were not a republic, you're going to look like the king of Portugal!! Laughing Laughing
 lost in translation!  
Post #189547030th Dec 2017 4:59 pm
Riccardo

Portugal 

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Trust me I would have really prefered to keep the Disco as we had all what we needed with it!!!

I am starting to study the owner manual. Tons of gadgets and I am an old man Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 It takes all sorts (to make a world).

D3 HSE LHD gone but not forgotten 

Post #189547330th Dec 2017 5:18 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

You’re not going to be disappointed with the XC90.

In terms of entertainment and instrument panel, etc. integration the Volvo is light years ahead of any discovery model.

Also, their designers seem to be able to center things rather than align left with some margin..... Thumbs Up

Post #189548830th Dec 2017 6:12 pm
Riccardo

Portugal 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
 It takes all sorts (to make a world).

D3 HSE LHD gone but not forgotten 

Post #189548930th Dec 2017 6:16 pm
Aerialmark

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

ruben wrote:
I'm sorry for you!!!.., it's a really modest car!!!.... but it has four wheels and I'm sure it will do its job ... if you're really ashamed you can go by train, what a hard life you have!! Laughing

Ruben I will be passing your house in the summer of next year as we are planning to do a little camping along the coast near where you live. We are traveling down through France again and have booked to sail home from Bilbao at the end of August.
If you need any car parts bringing down let me know and I will get them for you Thumbs Up
 The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the best of everything they have. 

Post #189549530th Dec 2017 6:26 pm
ruben
D3 Decade 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 lost in translation!  
Post #189551830th Dec 2017 7:11 pm
ruben
D3 Decade 

only to say by me, that if you need something here, any suggestion or indication or information or something, do not hesitate to tell me, I would gladly give you a helping hand....of course
Maybe we'll meet to drink a pint or better a bottle of cider here!! which is most typical!! Wink
 lost in translation!  
Post #189559430th Dec 2017 10:41 pm
Aerialmark

Here I am trying some of your cider in Usurbil a few years ago Thumbs Up

Post #189574831st Dec 2017 1:07 pm
Dan_NL

@ Riccardo. You are correct, CO2 tax on cars in Portugal is staggering. I have a house in the Algarve and wanted to import my D3 there.
Its possible to register a car in Portugal even if you don't live there, as long as you own a house : you need a tax number. 8)

The simulator is here [url] https://aduaneiro.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt...dorISV.jsp [/url]

And yes : if you have a car in your name for more as one year, taxes paid in your country of residence, you can import and register it free of charge in Portugal.
But you have to keep it for 5 years I beleive, unless you scrap it. Selling within 5 years makes you eligible to pay the full duties in retrospect...

I solved the problem by driving the D3 over in march, and suspend roadtax in the Netherlands [ € 253 pcm ]. I can have it up to 5 months [ in any period of 12 months ] in Portugal without importing it.
So I make sure I exit Portugal before 'time-is-up'. In between we fly up&down and don't have to rent a car. And I can sit properly [ 2m tall and 105Kg..]. Thumbs Up

I am thinking if I should buy a hybrid RRS2 [ very low roadtax, as it is petrol , 'only' € 1400 pa ].

@ Ruben. Is there a market for - very well kept - D3's in Spain ? In the Netherlands older cars wont sell as of the insane roadtax, around € 3000,- pa for a D3/D4 .
I am the 2nd owner and have a full service history since 2010. Last two years € 6000,- in repairs, documented. Driving to Portugal gets a bit boring after 15 years.

Last edited by Dan_NL on 31st Dec 2017 1:52 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #189575331st Dec 2017 1:20 pm
Aerialmark

Looking at those prices I think we are very fortunate in the uk Thumbs Up

Post #189575931st Dec 2017 1:49 pm
Dan_NL

The F-type V8 and most other JLR V8's cost above € 200.000,- here due to Censored CO2 tax...
And you know, I have 5000M² of forest , would qualify for a CO2 'benefit' if they would be fair... Rolling Eyes

But no : I still pay property tax for that as well, and they sell the CO2 rights for my forest...
As they take the water rights as well. I live in a rainwater catchment area and they take this water to sell as drinking water.
I actually buy it back to drink. Shocked

The only compensation I get is roughly € 200 pa because they lowere the water table and I get less hay from my pastures [ 2 acres ]....
They are 'legally robbing' me. And they wrote the laws in such a way I can not do anything about it..
To top it off : the council is part ownere of the watercompany. They gave the license to extract the water, and they share in the 60 million euro profit
made on the extraction, around 70% of the land owned by citizens like me, who don't share in these profits...
Actually the profits are illegal as the water is supposed to be dilivered at cost price to the citizens... Rolling with laughter who believes that...

Post #189576831st Dec 2017 2:11 pm
kajtzu

F-type R is here ~208000 eur, SVR ~255000 eur. The same models as convertible are ~221000 and ~267000 eur respectively...... FFRR Standard wheelbase V8 SVA Dynamic is ~332500 eur Big Cry

Median salary here is 3001 e/mo, source https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/median_...es/9844217

Post #189577531st Dec 2017 2:35 pm
Dan_NL

@ Kajtzu. Did you ever consider to emigrate ? In Germany the V8 R costs € 120.000 , in the USA
the 550HP costs USD 99.000,- , around € 87.000,- ... Mr. Green

Post #189579431st Dec 2017 3:22 pm
kajtzu

I worked in Hoofddorp/The Hague a long time ago, lived in the Middle East for a while (tax free, though) and slept in the front of the airplane way too much when I did short term gigs Wink somehow I always got back “home”. Now with 3 kids and SWMBO it is more difficult to emigrate somewhere else than when there was only myself. She is probably more employable than I am as she works in healthcare although she would need to get some kind of certification(s) in another country. New Zealand or Australia could be nice. Singapore was nice too but any dreams of having any car there can be forgotten. I could probably get an intra-company L-1A transfer visa to the USA. I’m honestly not sure if the kids would not be disadvantaged by the US school system which varies more than your average political appointee’s opinion. Besides their grand parents, those who are left, are here and they’re not going to be traveling anymore. I tend to tell my boss (CEO) that I need to get the Censored out of Finland but as you see it’s more of a long running joke. Also half way through completing my MBA so it kind of keeps me anchored, too, for at least one more year. Thumbs Up

Post #189580131st Dec 2017 3:37 pm
Dan_NL

Kajtzu, I think this is something you need to talk through with your kids too, depending on their age.
I 'emigrated' 10 years ago from between Amsterdam/The Hague , so central 'Randstad' , too the Dutch 'Highlands' [ +80m max above sealevel.. Rolling with laughter ].
Here we could afford a free standing house and a large plot for pony's for the kids, far out of our reach in the Randstad [5x more expensive as here then].
Now they say they never wanted a pony each...

Kids were 11yrs, 9 yrs and 5 yrs then. Although it was mainly for them, they say now they never wanted to go to this 'nick-of-the-woods'...
We are 25kM from nearest city [ not counting our village].

No nightlife, no cinema's , no shops... But plenty of rabbits, squirls, wild boars, various sizes of deer,badgers, owls.... Not interesting to them...

Cynically our eldest daughter now [ uni student] rents a 20sqm room 7km from were we used to live at the same monthly cost for our mortgage for a whole house then.... Rolling Eyes
Housing shortage is a national dissaster here. Commuting is no option. Under the best conditions it takes 2½h to cover the 120km trip by public transport.
Driving is even worse. We hed 1500Km of traffic jams last week due to snow, in a country 300kM NS and 150kM EW... Shocked

And we have 100.000 unfilled vacancies on a 7 million labour force... ..no houses though..

Post #189580931st Dec 2017 4:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >