Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

It was sad to see her go
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Riccardo

Portugal 

Dan_NL wrote:
The F-type V8 and most other JLR V8's cost above € 200.000,- here due to Censored CO2 tax...
And you know, I have 5000M² of forest , would qualify for a CO2 'benefit' if they would be fair... Rolling Eyes

That would balance the cars emissions!!!

Dan_NL wrote:

But no : I still pay property tax for that as well, and they sell the CO2 rights for my forest...
As they take the water rights as well. I live in a rainwater catchment area and they take this water to sell as drinking water.
I actually buy it back to drink. Shocked

Mad

Dan_NL

thanks for info and link
D3 sold now so too late anyway. Will take the Smart ForTwo there only

We will need to see also for a smaller SUV or medium size car (with space for dogs) ideally hybrid when we do not want to use the XC90 (Porto has very narrow road in some areas) but we do not really know what to look at

Know Netherland very well. My brother lives in Bruxelles but wotrk with the family and they have property in variopus countries. He is responsible also for Germany and Netherland for the group. He come almost once a week to The Hague. They have a house available for the family in various cities and one also in The Hague and we came a few times (went to the Keukenhof this year)
I like the Netherland but never lived there. Did not realise that also there cars are that expensive and road tax crazy

Was told that selling D3 with LHD in UK is good and it does give you a premium vs RHD cars at the moment. Can give the name of the guy who bought mine as he buys quite a few cars in different countries

kajtzu Wow also there cars are very expensive!!!

We should all go to Germany or US then Laughing Laughing
 It takes all sorts (to make a world).

D3 HSE LHD gone but not forgotten 

Post #189582231st Dec 2017 3:32 pm
Riccardo

Portugal 

Aerialmark wrote:

Here I am trying some of your cider in Usurbil a few years ago Thumbs Up

Is this Ruben's canteen/production ?????

In which area is that? Hopefully not to far from Porto

Aerialmark wrote:
Looking at those prices I think we are very fortunate in the uk Thumbs Up

You should be
I think that if you like cars or motorsports UK is one of the best place to be. The only issue for me was RHD vs LHD

Post #189582431st Dec 2017 3:35 pm
Dan_NL

@ Riccardo. Can you pm me the name of the buyer ? Also what he paid for yours as a reference.. 8)

Its quite easy to find out whats the cheapest EU country for cars. I expected it to be Spain, but it turns out to be Germany. I configured the same F-type on 5 national Jaguar websites.
Some very odd stuff crossed my eyes. In the UK the Meridian sound system costs less as GBP 1000. Other countries its around € 3000 !!! In the UK you can opt for 3 or 5 years warranty/maintenance.
We only get 3 years. Also 'seat pack 2' is the same price for 4/6/8 cylinder, but in the 6/8 cylinder you get bolster adjustment [ clamping of the sides of the chairs ] included...

Some smart donkey at JLR decided the bolster adjustment is not required at all any more in the 'new & improved' seats.
YEahhh good for us 'tall' people 5% of the population that ar not taken in consideration in the design stage anyway.. Rolling Eyes

Only in NL I could find over 20 contradictions between pricelist, brochure and web configurator...

For example : standard 4 tail pipes on a 4 cylinder F-Type... And standard traffic sign recognition, not selectable on the configurator, but also not standard according to the dealer.. Shocked

To much to mention...

Post #189584031st Dec 2017 4:27 pm
Aerialmark

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Riccardo wrote:
Aerialmark wrote:

Here I am trying some of your cider in Usurbil a few years ago Thumbs Up

Is this Ruben's canteen/production ?????

In which area is that? Hopefully not to far from Porto

Aerialmark wrote:
Looking at those prices I think we are very fortunate in the uk Thumbs Up

You should be
I think that if you like cars or motorsports UK is one of the best place to be. The only issue for me was RHD vs LHD

That is Usurbil a town in the province of Gipuzkoa in the Basque Country (A beautiful place we visited in 2016 Thumbs Up )
 The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the best of everything they have. 

Post #189584231st Dec 2017 4:32 pm
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Quote:
We will need to see also for a smaller SUV or medium size car (with space for dogs) ideally hybrid when we do not want to use the XC90 (Porto has very narrow road in some areas) but we do not really know what to look at

I think the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is pretty thin a 5cm thinner than a D4....

Post #189585231st Dec 2017 4:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Riccardo

Portugal 

Dan_NL wrote:
@ Riccardo. Can you pm me the name of the buyer ? Also what he paid for yours as a reference.. 8)

You have a PM

Aerialmark wrote:

That is Usurbil a town in the province of Gipuzkoa in the Basque Country (A beautiful place we visited in 2016 Thumbs Up )

Not very close to Porto but I might be taking the boat top Santander with the dogs so ...

Gazellio: that is what I was suggesting to wife but she says it is too big for her

Post #189586031st Dec 2017 4:53 pm
Dan_NL

@Riccardo. Thanks for the PM !

The previous model I3 BMW is not so expensive in the Netherlands I guess. And there is no import tax on it in Portugal !

I guess you can have this for € 22.000 if you don't trade in :

[url] https://www.autowereld.nl/bmw/i3/rex-60-ah...tails.html [/url]

Post #189586731st Dec 2017 4:57 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Dan_NL wrote:

I 'emigrated' 10 years ago from between Amsterdam/The Hague , so central 'Randstad' , too the Dutch 'Highlands' [ +80m max above sealevel.. Rolling with laughter ].
Here we could afford a free standing house and a large plot for pony's for the kids, far out of our reach in the Randstad [5x more expensive as here then].
Now they say they never wanted a pony each...
We are 25kM from nearest city [ not counting our village].

I thought it was a PITA to live near Hoofddorp and then take the train to LNOI. Either go to the airport, travel to Den Haag CS and then travel backwards to LNOI or take the local to Leiden and then change to another local train. Took about an hour at best when there were no problems with NS... Shocked

Never visited the highlands but places like Katwijk, Beverwijk and Oud Beijerland seemed like nice sleepy small towns every time I visited one of them for various reasons. Thumbs Up

Post #189590931st Dec 2017 5:52 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Aerialmark wrote:

Looks like a place where one doesn’t go thirsty very long Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #189591231st Dec 2017 5:55 pm
ruben
D3 Decade 

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Laughing
indeed we treat cider here, and although the Basque country is very good, Asturias is better and as far as cider we are much better yet, you must believe me 👍🏼👍🏼
 lost in translation!  
Post #189591331st Dec 2017 5:55 pm
Dan_NL

@Kajtzu. Even as the Netherlands are a tiny country, you did not manage to see a major part of it.
But if you only stayed around for 6 months or so, what can I say...

We come to Portugal for 17 years now and since the house was finished we didn't venture further
as Seville, Portimão / Monchique or Beja....

On a quiet day I can go to Rotterdam airport in 2 hours by train and bus, but within rush hour, I do not even try. Just avoid it. But the 'schiphol lijn'works well.
As long as you can avoid Amsterdam and Utrecht you are fine...

Post #189592531st Dec 2017 6:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >