DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] 2008 TDV6 SE, Java Black, Black leather
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Edgey808

United Kingdom 
[For Sale] 2008 TDV6 SE, Java Black, Black leather

Advert Order no 190302-959

Land Rover Discovery 2.7 TDV6 SE Automatic in Java black with Black leather interior.

166,000 miles, (This will increase as the car is in use daily.) full-service history, (LR, Flack and LR Independents.) 7 months MOT remaining, offers in the region of £5900.00

This has a high specification SE version - 7 seats, Harmon Kardon, upgraded Xexon headlights, heated front seats, climate control, air suspension etc.

It has 7 months MOT (until 24th September 2019)

It has a full-service history, the most recent of which included 2nd cambelt change, water pump and oil pump changed. Gearbox oil flushed and replaced by Geoff approx. 3 years ago, I have the service book with every stamp in it, and all the old service history from the previous owner along with the history from my 4.5 years of my ownership which includes;

Cambelt, tensioner, and idlers changed
HPFP belt and tensioner changed
Aux belt and both tensioners changed
New oil pump
New water pump
Coolant changed - April 2018 (Flack)

New main battery fitted – Tayna (2 years ago.)

New osf wheel bearing (TIMKEN) (1 year ago – Flack)

New NSF prop shaft fitted. (LR part)

New pads and discs all round. (1 year ago)

EGRs blanked. ECU patch from BAS applied. – (3 years ago by Flack)

Fitted Black view DR650GW 2 CH camera (front and rear)

Fitted Brand new D4 steering wheel, c/w Blackbox conversion, Heated functionality, (Dependant on the price being agreed, if not original items will be returned to the car which is still in good condition.)

Fitted Brand new D4 steering stalks (Dependant on the price being agreed, if not original items will be returned to the car which is still in good condition.)

Fitted cubby fridge and coin tray fitted.

All internal light replaced with LED types, upgraded LED reverse lights, upgraded LED Registration plate lights, front side lights replaced with LEDs.

Fitted Xexon lights

Fitted front light guards.

New Fog lights fitted

Serviced by LR/flack for the last 4 years.

ATRs fitted all round (5th full alloy spare cw atr) – all new 2 years ago.

Fitted RLD spare wheel protector

LR recalled and replaced approx. 2.5 years ago the rear towing cross member and provided a brand-new removable tow ball

New rear arms, upper and lower.
New arms upper and lower bushes in uprights, both sides (approx. 3 years ago by Flack)

New wheel bearing osf (Timken) – by Flack

New Discs / Pads Front and rear (last year) by Flack

Regular Hunters Laser wheel alignment

New washer jets fitted (D4) type

New front scuttle plate (Now UV resistant.)

Rear wash wiper replaced.

New compressor fitted (July 2018)

New nearside driveshaft (LR part) 2 years ago

New Tailgate latch fitted. 4 years ago

EGR valves blanked and remapped 3 years ago, no issues to date, one of the best mods to have done on a D3

The car runs and drives great, responsive when needed helped greatly with the re-mapping, the gearbox changes smoothly in both D and Sports modes and with all functions working as they should, as does the high/low transfer box, and the electronic handbrake. The air suspension works exactly as it should, raising and lowering with no leaks. A new compressor was fitted last year.

There are no rips or tears in the leather seats, only the usual driver’s seat problem which has a small tear, (see photo) The driver's seat does have slight creases and wear marks, but nothing unsightly. The front seats are heated, and the front ones adjust electrically. The driver's seat has 3 memories, which includes adjusting the steering wheel and wing mirror positions.

The rear privacy glass is factory original. It is generally in excellent condition, but there is very slight wrinkling on the near side rear window.

The carpets are all in good condition, and genuine Land Rover rubber mats have always been fitted.

The tyres are good, all 5 having approx. 4mm or so tread left on them.

Please note the NS rear parking sensor in the last couple of weeks has decided to malfunction. (I will buy another sensor or see if Flack is available to resolve while I’m overseas.)

Viewing is highly recommended - the car is located in Liverpool, West Derby.
Test drives are welcome - if you want to drive you will need to provide proof of fully comp insurance that covers you to drive it, otherwise I am more than happy to arrange for someone to accompany you for a demo. I have 2 keys (One brand new from LR) and the V5 is in my name.

It really is in good condition for its age and has been cared for very well, and used daily, but please do bear in mind that it is now coming into its 11th year and has done approx. 166,000 miles. I can really say it has certainly been one of the best cars I have ever owned, providing lots and lots of really great memories for my whole family, it will be sorely missed and the only reason I am parting with the “beast” is due to a work move to Dubai for the next couple of years.

It really has been a reliable car and has never once let me down during the 60k miles of ownership.

Please call me on +44 7767706333, or PM (Please note I am currently based in Dubai GMT +4 hrs) if you have any questions or would like to view the car this can certainly be arranged.

This is a private sale and is sold as seen with no warranty given or implied. The car is 100% free from any loans or HP agreements.

Private registration not included and will be removed prior to sale.

Please note it is also advertised elsewhere.

Thanks for reading and hopefully it can stay within the forum! Thumbs Up

Kind Regards

Stephen.

Post #20331642nd Mar 2019 8:32 am
Hillfoot

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi, Is the vehicle still for sale. If so where can it be viewed.
Thanks
Robin

Post #20337824th Mar 2019 12:10 pm
Edgey808

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up the car is Located in Liverpool as per the text above Robin.

Pm’d you also.

Thanks

Stephen

Post #20338394th Mar 2019 3:25 pm
Hillfoot

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi Stephen. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but can't find your reply after seeing it. Could you come back to me again.
Thanks
Robin.

Post #20339144th Mar 2019 6:30 pm
Edgey808

United Kingdom 
Sold!

Sold to hillfoot 👍🏻😎

I truly Hope it brings him and his family the same enjoyment it has mine for the last 4.5 years!😊

It has truly been one of the best cars I’ve ever owned and will be sorely missed! 😎👍🏻

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone on this fantastic forum for the wealth of knowledge, entertainment, and all things Land Rover!

And then we have the brilliant Flack! Thank you so much for your valuable knowledge and professionalism in looking after the beast for all these years!👍🏻😎 👏👏

Hopefully I can return with another disco (d4 V8👍🏻😎) while fulfilling my contract here in the UAE 🇦🇪!

@ Flack what’s your charges for a D4 V8 service in UAE 🇦🇪 🤔😄😎👍🏻

Hopefully, I will return to the Land Rover fold very soon....

Kind regards

Stephen

Post #204096227th Mar 2019 10:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >