Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > FS: Other Vehicles

[For Sale] 2020 Citroen Dispatch 1.5 HDi, six-speen manual 1200XL van
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
[For Sale] 2020 Citroen Dispatch 1.5 HDi, six-speen manual 1200XL van

After the company I was working for went 'bust' I thought about seeing if my van could pay its own way with me (I used to provide ad-hoc logistics for them as a side-hustle to my Ltd Co contractor job). Too much hassle on insurances for slim margins, hence now for sale.

This is a Citroen Dispatch 1.5HDi 1200XL (i.e the long wheelbase version - 5.3m long) with six-speed manual gearbox and stop-start. The load bed is 2.9m long but can carry through loads through a panel in the bulkhead and outermost passenger seat folded up to just over 4m long! As you will see in pics it has two sliding side doors (when you've had two, you'll never ever want just one again Wink ) and two 180 degree opening solid rear barn doors. Centre front seat lifts up for storage underneath and it has a sliding 'table' feature on centre armrest, useful for writing on, its real intention. It's just under 2m high so seems to 'fit' everywhere I've been in it.

It is very easy to drive, smooth, quiet and efficient with lots of car-like features; electric windows, plip-central locking, electric/heated mirrors, auto-lights, auto-wipers, air-con, DAB radio, reverse park sensors, cruise-control, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto connectivity, power sockets, USB’s, etc.

It is very clean and tidy all round, inside and out, not been sign written as far as I can tell. First 'owner' was Gefco Car prep company and last usage seemed to be an electric retailer 'bailiff' service looking at all the paperwork left in the van when I bought it; names, address, debts, bank details, etc. (it was 'hidden' though) Shocked

Since I've had it I have put carpet over mat in front cab (its just hard plastic lined floor otherwise), had rear load-bay sides and doors professionally 'carpeted' and I have laid industrial carpet tiles on the ply-lined floor with edges protectors, etc. I have had a wireless rear cam fitted, more so the front screen can be used as a 'rear view mirror', fitted Heko side window air deflectors (great bits of kit), up-sized the wheels by 1" to 17" (as per the 'luxury' people carrier versions) and fitted four matching 'winter' Dunlop SP Sport tyres (all have around 7mm tread on), this actually made the speedo more accurate too! New wiper blades fitted a few weeks ago and had an 'extra service' (fresh oil, oil filter and air filter) when I had a new NOx sensor fitted as it threw a fault code up (done by an ex-RAF trained tech at work for a loan of my Jag’ F-Type in return!).

MOT is due 9th July. Its only MOT to date in 2023 had advisory for non-working DRL. This has been rectified. Mileage is 93,900 and will go up slightly as I am still using it (I love driving vans!). It has two keys, service records (serviced at 27,018 miles, 74,679 miles, 86,540 miles and the ‘extra’ service I had done at 92,855 miles), booklets, etc.

I have researched all similar vans on Autotrader and closest to mine was the ‘medium’ wheelbase version with a few dinks and scrapes and not with the additions I have made. That was £10,800 including VAT so I am pricing mine at £11,000 ono with no VAT payable. The number plate will revert back to it’s original ‘20’ plate.

Last edited by astonbuilder on 15th Mar 2024 4:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #236440215th Mar 2024 3:57 pm
astonbuilder

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #236440415th Mar 2024 4:07 pm
astonbuilder

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #236440615th Mar 2024 4:17 pm
astonbuilder

Little bump opening it up to any offers or part-ex's as I am closing my Ltd Co. down and this is now surplus to needs, much as I'd love to keep it.

I know it's not getting trade interest as I cannot offer a VAT receipt as I'm not VAT registered so business buyer cannot claim any VAT (despite mine being cheaper than many I measured against even before VAT applied Rolling Eyes ).

If anyone interested in part-ex I'm open to considering pretty much anything that gives me a car + cash my way. Particularly a convertible or small city runabout type car Question

Post #236520926th Mar 2024 3:26 pm
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Hey AB

How tall is the loadspace?

I'm considering going halves with somebody on a van for us to fit two bikes in plus camping gear for track days, but which could also be used for other duties.
I like the idea of it being under 2m overall as that's the same as my discovery with the suspension set at normal height, and I know that fits in car parks etc.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #236522526th Mar 2024 7:17 pm
astonbuilder

Hi Nasher,

van is currently residing at boat yard a few miles away to keep it out the way so I can't measure it. However online search has rear door opening showing as 1237mm wide and 1272mm high. Roof inside a bit higher still then.

I used to ferry Arc Vector motorbikes around in it (a BIG EV 'bike) and it had plenty of room for that with space at the rear left over. We never actually tried it out but reckoned we could have got two in' top-to-tail' but never needed to and at £100k+ a pop I wasn't keen to try it Laughing

I've also had Vespa's (taller than you think with mirrors still up) and a large KTM 450 off-roader thing (had to compress front suspension just to duck under door opening).

I can get it measured in next couple of days if need it accurately measured beyond that.

Post #236523126th Mar 2024 7:47 pm
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Thanks AB, don't worry about measuring anything, what you've already put is good enough.

I'll talk to the other guy over the weekend, but don't hold back if you get any interest elsewhere.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #236528827th Mar 2024 12:41 pm
James W

United Kingdom 

Looks like that could make a great stealthy mini-camper with a low profile Thumbs Up

Neat van. GLWTS Thumbs Up
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - Gone to someone with less sense and more time to enjoy it Very Happy
2016 Toyota Hilux Invincible - Liberating experience 

Post #236529627th Mar 2024 2:03 pm
astonbuilder

Little weekend bump - something has to give - five vehicles at home and no where to keep them all (My Disco 1 is up for sale in next few hours and I'm toying with the classic Merc' S124 E320 going up to see which goes first Rolling Eyes ).

Open to sensible offers if it helps get it shifted but will be keeping this and accelerating sale of the other mentioned vehicles instead, a van is a really useful vehicle to have around!

Contribution to forum if it goes here

Post #23660116th Apr 2024 1:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >