Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] Porsche Boxster 3.2 S
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
dunton10

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
[For Sale] Porsche Boxster 3.2 S

I'm putting my pride and joy up for sale on the instructions of SWMBO. The ad will be going on the Boxster forum shortly but i thought id place it here as well in case anyone is thinking of a convertible for the summer. This is a good genuine car. too good to go to a car buying site. There are a few rough Boxsters out there which will cost you pounds - this isnt one of them.
Thanks for looking.
steve

Porsche Boxster 987 3.2S (2006MY)
First Registered 15 Dec 2005 (55 plate) – qualifies for cheaper road tax.
Atlas Grey metallic paint with full black leather interior.
6 speed manual
Only 59250miles
3 owners from new
12 months MOT
Full service history – Porsche centres and latterly well regarded Porsche independents – Zentrum, Revolution and Cotswold Porsche Centre
£12,000 ono

Reason for selling
Regretfully for sale after 7 years ownership. Having recently taken early retirement we now need something with four doors and four seats, due to grandparent duties! 2 have arrived over the last 7 years with one more expected in August.

Factory Options
Car is well specced with the following factory fit options :-
Special order Atlas Grey metallic paint
Bi Xenon headlights with power washers
Heated seats
Full extended black leather interior including dash, door cards, centre console and roll over hoops
BOSE surround sound
Isofix points to passenger seat with key operated Airbag deactivation switch
Coloured wheel centres
18” Boxster S wheels
Wind deflector
Original and genuine Porsche carpet mats (some wear to drivers mat)

Owners
3 Mature owners from new. (I have full details of previous owners, if required)
Owner 1 15th Dec 2005 to March 2009 purchased car new from Porsche Centre Hatfield Surrey
Owner 2 March 2009 to June 2011 purchased car approved used from Porsche Glasgow
Owner 3 June 2011 to date I purchased car privately from owner 2 in Solihull.

Good points
Extensive history with all receipts and service history. I have all old MOTs since my ownership. Large info file will be passed to new owner.
Major service and MOT just carried out 20 April by Cotswold Porsche., inc brake fluid change. Next service not due now until 2020. Spark plugs and serpentine belt changed 2016 – not due until 2021.
Model year 2006 so less likely to be affected by IMS bearing issues.
All brake discs and pads changed March 2014 at 51750miles. Only 7500miles since new discs/pads.
Front cooling cross over pipes, radiator hoses and front shock absorbers changed by Revolution Porsche March 2017.
4 matching Bridgestone Potenza tyres (Porsche N1 approved). Two new rear tyres to be fitted prior to sale. Fronts on 6mm centre, 4mm edges
Well maintained and excellent mechanically.
Drives superbly.

Not so good points/issues
Stone chips to windscreen and a few to bonnet – Boxsters do seem prone to this.
One advisory on recent MOT – slight misalignment of o/s rear spring. See summary below.
Air con noisy but working fine. New condensers and receiver/dryer fitted and system regassed in Nov 2011. April 2018 Cotswold Porsche investigated and reported system cooling fine to 1.1 degs. Compressor seems fine. They suspect may be low on oil – rectify at next regas.
Alloys refurbished November 2011 – ideally will need doing again at some stage but cosmetically ok at present.

Summary
This car is regularly used despite its low mileage and regularly maintained. Garaged at home and restricted use in winter months. Always washed by hand.
It has extensive history and I have all receipts and old mots from my ownership to prove mileage is genuine. These will be passed to the new owner. It is one of the last cars to qualify for the cheaper road tax having been registered in mid-December 2005.
I have all original owners’ manuals, handbooks, leather wallet, 2 keys plus the emergency plastic key.
Only 3 owners from new.
To best of my knowledge it has never been involved in an accident.
During my ownership many of the common problems seen on boxsters of this age have been fixed eg.
- New air con condensers fitted
- Fitted grills to front vents to protect new condensers
- New front shock absorbers and bump stops, one coffin arm replaced, two drop links
- New cooling cross over pipes and radiator hoses fitted and antifreeze replaced.
- New discs and pads all round.

As with any 12 year old car there are always a couple of issues that are ongoing. I’m living with these as its more cost effective to get these fixed alongside other items eg.
- There is a slight weep from the RMS. Nothing to worry about in my opinion. No oil is used/topped up between services and none shows on the garage floor. This will need replacing when the clutch is replaced at some future time.
- The recent MOT advisory – relates to a slightly misaligned rear spring. I have photos of this and it’s very slight with the spring not sitting squarely in the top mount. Its causing no abnormal tyre wear and no handling issues. Cotswold Porsche suspect that this may be a spring which has gone slightly out of shape or a top mount problem. As springs need to be replaced in pairs this will be a job to do when the rear suspension is dismantled to replace the two rear shock absorbers, to save labour costs.
I’ve tried to describe the car accurately and honestly. I feel that £12000 is a reasonable price given the information above but I’m open to sensible near offers. Basically, the car is serviced, mot’d. fuelled and ready to go for the summer and beyond.

The car is located at Sutton Coldfield West Midlands. No test pilots or tyre kickers please.

For further details or to arrange a viewing please call Steve on 07984 636413 or email me at dunton10@aol.com. or drop me a PM.

Currently 2015 D4 SE Tech, Corris Grey
RLD Protector, led interior lights, timed climate, towing equipment
Previously
2006 D3 S
2001 TD5
1996 Shogun LWB
1989 Range Rover TDVM 

Post #194048028th Apr 2018 5:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >