Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Sat. Nav not keeping up issue ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
biggless

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Sat. Nav not keeping up issue ?

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. Last Sunday my sat nav. started thinking I was going straight on after tunrs. It would then take 5 to 10 secs to "jump" back to the right position. LR in Durham have been looking at my car now for over 2 days and they are going to fit me a whole new Sat. Nav. It's under warrenty so not a big problem but I'm just surprised they can't fix it. Any comments ?

Post #28850018th Apr 2008 1:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Were you under route guidance at the time? If you deviate from the suggested route, it can take a good few seconds for the system to realise you have deviated, and then recalculate.

If you were not under guidance and the icon is not reacting to the vehicle movements then I agree there appears to be a problem.

Post #28850518th Apr 2008 1:53 pm
biggless

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Gareth, it happens both under guidance and not. When you are under route guidance this problem makes the Sat Nav. virtually useless since it thinks you haven't made the correct turn (when you have) and it then starts to calculate a new route. By which time it seems to pick up the correct position so it has to recalcule back to the original route !!! gets very confused. I guess as LR are giving me a new one for free, not a problem for me !! I wonder how much a new one costs plus fitting ??

Post #28850818th Apr 2008 1:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NHR

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Mine keeps up so it seems there is a problem with yours. In fact, I am always impressed how accurate it is (mind you, I've never had a sat nav before, so I have nothing with which to compare it).

Post #28851118th Apr 2008 2:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >