Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Satisfied D3 Owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gustard

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Satisfied D3 Owner

Hi everyone.Just thought i would let you all know about my Land Rover experience.After asking on the forum for advice about my "recurring battery fault" in technical and having my D3 in my dealership for what seemed like an eternity,and after many so called "fixes" including a "full software re-installation"my problem has been fixed.The dealership,Williams of Manchester has agreed to exchange my D3 for a newer model,same spec even with a few add-ons Shocked !!! The sales manager said he thinks i have suffered long enough with the fault and offered me the newer car.There was a small exchange of cash his way to take into account the miles i have done in my D3 (when i had it on the road)All in all i am really happy as i really was not expecting his offer!!!

I would like to think all dealers are like this but i know thats not the case.Hope my happy ending may give others with recurring problems some hope.Fingers crossed my new D3 is ok Wink

Cheers for reading Gus
 Disco3 TDV6 Se Black,all the usual things and gadgets.  
Post #1912622nd Sep 2005 8:03 pm
Pelyma

England 

Its good to hear of decent dealerships that are battling to keep us happy! Enjoy your new one too Very Happy
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1952924th Sep 2005 10:50 am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

It's very good to hear that the dealer has done this. It seems not many would.
However, I do wonder what happens to such cars when dealers swap them like this. I assume they just get sold to some poor chap who then doesn't get the same level of service - as he didn't buy the car new.

Post #1953524th Sep 2005 11:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

It's a good result but why did you pay anything at all?....you didnt buy your Disco3 to store in a garage...you bought it to drive.....at the end of the day the dealer has probably been given an allowance back from LR or even had the car exchanged for new stock.....it seems to me that dealers want money from both ends of any deal.

I dont mean to sound negative and I dont wish to take anything away from your experience....... but if you had a faulty washing machine that was replaced by the manufacturer or its supplier, would you hand over cash for 'wear and tear'....I think not Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #1954124th Sep 2005 1:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

turbochip wrote:
It's a good result but why did you pay anything at all?....you didnt buy your Disco3 to store in a garage...you bought it to drive.....at the end of the day the dealer has probably been given an allowance back from LR or even had the car exchanged for new stock.....it seems to me that dealers want money from both ends of any deal.

I dont mean to sound negative and I dont wish to take anything away from your experience....... but if you had a faulty washing machine that was replaced by the manufacturer or its supplier, would you hand over cash for 'wear and tear'....I think not Wink

TC it is a very debateable point. I have just received full money refund and special costs and loss of earnings, but some dealers stick to the letter of the law and wriggle. Depending on the amount it is not bad, but if it is thousands it is not good.

Post #1956124th Sep 2005 6:09 pm
gustard

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

TC your probably right about the washing machine but after all the hassle of "will it start wont it start?" i was just glad to get sorted!Even now with the replacement D3 its at the back of my mind whats going to happen now,im psychologically scarred Shocked My demic went in the dealership on the Friday come the Monday they could not get in it because the battery was totally flat,hence my acceptance of their offer of a replacement,i knew eventually it would not start.Normally TC i love a good fight especially when it comes to my hard earned cash but this time i just wanted rid of my unfixable D3!
Does worry me though that they will sell it on but i hope they do when the fault is traced and not before.
Funny though my wife tells me when my silver D3 went she never liked the colour but loves the Bonatti new one Rolling Eyes

Thanks for reading guys Gus
 Disco3 TDV6 Se Black,all the usual things and gadgets.  
Post #210472nd Oct 2005 7:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >