Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Satnav radio phone voice control all switched off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Have you checked for water ingress in both footwells ?

We're was the original water comming from ? Sunroof drains ?
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #10279752nd Jan 2013 10:01 pm
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Hi Wiggs.

Both footwells are completely dry, whenever I get any electrical issues it's the first thing I check.

I never did find out how the water got in the connectors to the Transfer box ECU, although it doesn't appear to be uncommon. As you know it's up high on the engine side of the bulkhead behind the battery, so I didn't think it could be the sunroof drains.

Nasher.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #10279832nd Jan 2013 10:08 pm
Nasher

Update from this morning.
Recently, because of the issues I’ve had, when I’ve started the car up occasionally I’ve checked the function of the Stereo.
This morning sitting in the drive all was OK.

Reversed out the drive, turned the steering wheel and the volume on the stereo wound itself down to 0, even showing this happening on the screen.
Then after that everything is locked up again apart from the volume button.
I’ll see if it’s still that way when I start it up again.

So, obviously I’m beginning to suspect the clock spring.
Now the buttons on the right hand side of the wheel have not worked since I brought the car, that’s Mode, Volume, and the arrows, which has never really bothered me.
When I first brought it I checked, and the car hasn’t had the recall done for the Clockspring upgrade, mainly because I’ve never bothered to take a day off work to get it done.

I do have a Clockspring in the garage, which I brought for £10 on ebay a couple of years ago untested, so might swap that in this weekend to see what happens.

I might give the local dealer a shout to see if they’ll let me have a clockspring against the recall for me to fit myself, but I don’t think they’ll be up for that somehow Rolling with laughter

Nasher.
Post #10290144th Jan 2013 12:36 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

deffinatly the airbag needs to come off and inspect the connectors to the clockspring at least Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #10290254th Jan 2013 12:47 pm
Nasher

Thanks Wiggs.

I changed the steering wheel a couple of years ago and did try all the connectors then, but without success.
Hopefully I can find the tool I made up then to release the airbag, otherwise Mrs Nasher will be missing another coathanger Whistle

I'll see how long the service manager at Guy Salmon takes to stop laughing when I ask him for a clockspring to fit myself.

Nasher.
Post #10290304th Jan 2013 12:52 pm
Nasher

Well, my conversation with the Service manager at Guy Salmon turned out to be interesting.

It appears that the outstanding recall items were all brought up to date on my car in Nov 2011, at a dealer in Brazil Rolling with laughter

I dropped in on the way home so they could check visually a couple of them and they confirmed they had not been done, but also of course went all over the car checking VIN number, Engine number, etc. Which all came back OK thankfully.
They are suggesting the dealer in Brazil has input the wrong VIN number when carrying out the work, but can't do any more for me until they've checked with LR.

They have confirmed that the Clock spring can be changed under recall once the system has been reset at LR, so I think I'll get that done ASAP by them instead of swapping my spare one in over the wekend.

Nasher.
Post #10291654th Jan 2013 5:19 pm
Nasher

Update on the situation.

On Wednesday last week I had a message to call Guy Salmon, this is after calling them a couple of times since the 4th Jan for an update.

Finally managed to talk to them on Friday, and was told they have had confirmation from LR that the updates in Brazil have ben changed.

However, they've refused to carry out the rotary coupling recall as it has 'Time expired'. Evil or Very Mad

I suppose it's my fault for not getting it done sooner.

Nasher.
Post #104373027th Jan 2013 8:53 pm
kingdaddyking

United Kingdom 2005 LR4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyLR4
Re: Sat Nav Frozen

Hi can you pls advise me where you got your software patch from you can inbox me, kingdee_2002@yahoo.com

Post #105236210th Feb 2013 5:32 am
imprezapeej

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Stereo/DVD Issues

Hello all! I have just taken delivery of my long awaited Disco 3 SE Spec and i have to say that i am IN LOVE Smile I do have one problem which is quite annoying. When i picked it up the Radio worked after about 10 minutes....but then after only 2 days the Stereo wont work at all......the green illumination is still showing but it wont work at all....?? It may well be related as well but ther is no sound from the Sat Nav either...??! I would really appreciate any info regarding this issue.....Many thanks.

Post #10654522nd Mar 2013 10:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nasher

This is getting really frustrating.

I changed the clock spring the other week anyway as per the posts below believing the issues to be linked.
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post1082057.html#1082057
Over the weekend I have now put a brand new clock spring in.

I expected not to have anymore problems in respect to turning the wheel effecting the volume and then being locked out of the radio functions.
Yet yesterday evening after visiting my mother I got to the end of her road turned left and the volume on the radio went down to 0.
For the rest of the journey we were completely locked out of everything except volume control.

So as a summery.
Occasionally when I turn the steering wheel the volume on the radio goes down then I’m locked out of all radio/CD/aux functions except volume until the car has been turned off and allowed to ‘go to sleep’.
This problem has continued despite changing the clock spring and in steering wheel cable assembly, which is very surprising.

Secondly as per the posts in my other thread I have no working radio/CD control buttons on the steering wheel(right hand side) but the horn button on that side does work.

So, If these issues are not due to the clock spring, what else could they be?
I’m stumped on this one now.

Nasher.
Post #10820682nd Apr 2013 12:56 pm
imprezapeej

Deja Vu...!

I have currently got exactly the same issue. Geoff from the forum has had a couple of looks and he too suspects its the mp.. :\ I am trying to get hold of another HK log 7 amp...! Ill let you know how I get on, I don't want the stealers to look t it for fear of having to sell it to fund the repairs..! Lol if anyone knows of an amp up for grabs, please let me know. Many thanks.

Post #10821842nd Apr 2013 5:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
imprezapeej

Deja Vu...!

I have currently got exactly the same issue. Geoff from the forum has had a couple of looks and he too suspects its the amp.. :\ I am trying to get hold of another HK log 7 amp...! Ill let you know how I get on, I don't want the stealers to look t it for fear of having to sell it to fund the repairs..! Lol if anyone knows of an amp up for grabs, please let me know. Many thanks.

Post #10821892nd Apr 2013 5:23 pm
imprezapeej

Deja Vu...!

I have currently got exactly the same issue. Geoff from the forum has had a couple of looks and he too suspects its the amp.. :\ I am trying to get hold of another HK log 7 amp...! Ill let you know how I get on, I don't want the stealers to look t it for fear of having to sell it to fund the repairs..! Lol if anyone knows of an amp up for grabs, please let me know. Many thanks.

Post #10821902nd Apr 2013 5:24 pm
Nasher

I'm glad it's not just me.

I'll ahve a poke around under the seat to see if I can see any loose wires etc.

Nasher.
Post #10821932nd Apr 2013 5:26 pm
J13OJN

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
MOST Loop

Have had same problem, Got fibre optic loop off ebay for £12 from Poland. Very Happy It was the TMC unit in the rear panel at fault so have just left in place so system now works. May get TMC at later date

Post #116460829th Sep 2013 11:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >