Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Satnav radio phone voice control all switched off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Mervyn

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Satnav radio phone voice control all switched off

The screen stays on the Land Rover sign so the Sat Nav is not working. Although I can change the channel of the radio and turn it on and off I cannot get any volume. The voice control and phone also do not work. Is this an electrical fault or has something been turned off?

Post #4157805th Feb 2009 4:54 pm
arsenalboy

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Merv

Had the same problem. Have had My Disco 3 XS for 6 weeks and problem never really went away. As I write this its at the stealers for another check up. This is what I have noticed,

1. Mornings, you have to drive the car for 5 min then stop, lock wait for 2 min, bingo all works again.
2.If it rains, thats it, Sat nav dosen't want to know.

Took it to the Stealers after 2 days and then 2 weeks and they did a factory re-set and installed new firmware. Problem didn't go away. Now they are saying its going to take 2/3 working days to diagnose the problem and given me courtesy car. hope fully when i pick it up on Monday it will be all ok. Will let you know.

Post #42165114th Feb 2009 12:25 am
ChrisH

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi, i've just had the same problem in my disco. basically no sound, everything works, sat nav, radio, cd, bluetooth, but no sound. is at the dealers and they trying to sort it. have you guys had a fix?
Thanks, Chris

ok, all sorted. needed a new amplifier and software update. now the kids can listen to their story cd's again.

Last edited by ChrisH on 3rd Mar 2009 7:23 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #4313172nd Mar 2009 8:42 am
umbertob

United States 

Mervyn wrote:
The screen stays on the Land Rover sign so the Sat Nav is not working. Although I can change the channel of the radio and turn it on and off I cannot get any volume. The voice control and phone also do not work. Is this an electrical fault or has something been turned off?

The system is "stuck" in an endless reboot cycle. I bet the new firmware that came out only a few weeks ago fixes those issues. TSB # LTB000179, issue 2, dated 02/10/2009 (in North America - TSB # and issue date may be slightly different in ROW):

Quote:

ISSUE '2' CHANGES ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN BOLD
SECTION: 415
Infotainment System Lock-up - Repair Procedure
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
LR3 (LA) with Navigation only VIN: 5A000360 - 9A502269 Model Year: 2005 - 2009
Range Rover (LM) VIN: 7A233805 - 9A297754 Model Year: 2007 - 2009
Range Rover Sport (LS) VIN: 6A900129 - 7A999999 and 7A100001 - 9A199067 Model Year: 2006 - 2009
CONDITION SUMMARY:
Situation: During or just after engine start-up, the following issues may occur:
• The High Line Display Front (HLDF) may 'freeze' while displaying the Land Rover logo;
• The HLDF may 'freeze' while displaying the Land Rover logo and the audio system cycles 'on' and
'off' every three seconds;
• The HLDF may 'freeze' while displaying the Land Rover logo and there is no audio.
These issues may be caused by a loss of communication between the HLDF and the Media Oriented Systems Transport (MOST) system, causing the MOST system to enter a continuous re-boot cycle.
Action: In the event of a customer concern of any of the above, refer to the Repair Procedure below to reconfigure the HLDF and Integrated Head Unit (IHU).
PARTS:
No parts necessary; information only
TOOLS:
Latest IDS DVD Patch File; software first available on IDS DVD116 Patch File 4
Midtronics PSC-550 Vehicle Power Supply

Software upload instructions for the shop follow. The TSB is not new, but it has been updated with a new software patch (DVD 116, patch 4), which makes me think the patch they issued originally to correct these problems may not have worked. So, make sure the dealer uses the most recent IDS version as specified on the Bulletin.
 Umberto B
2006 RRS HSE white / ebony / lux / RSE / PTI / LRD / Sirius. Going, going...
2013 LR4 HSE red / arabica / black pack / 7-seat lux / HD pack / RSE / Vison Assist / Sirius 

Post #4319253rd Mar 2009 6:22 am
notanoriginalname

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Hi, I've found some great info on this forum in the past but never posted. I came across this old thread with exactly the problem I have just experienced. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of the software patch as my local dealer has been less than helpful

Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Just had to replace battery & alternator this week so the disco is not popular at the moment with this now going wrong as well.

Post #87140115th Dec 2011 7:17 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

did your issue start at the same time as the duff battery ?
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #87143015th Dec 2011 8:13 pm
notanoriginalname

Battery was totally flat last week. Jumped it and was ok until Mon then totally dead and couldnt even jump it. Replaced battery and all good for journey to work in morning then evening battery light stayed on so had alternator looked at and it was burnt out. Had new alternator fitted yesterday. Everything fine yesterday then this morning started up and frozen logo on screen with no sound etc. DVD player still works and so does cd but no sound or sat nav screen.

Adrian

Post #87144215th Dec 2011 8:36 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

You have one of many ecu's that is not talking the system you need to get the system read and see which ecu has failed, I had this and it was my bluetooth module that had lost it's feed.
Give Geoff. a pm he is down that are ..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #87154916th Dec 2011 1:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
notanoriginalname

Ok thanks. Do you not think the IDS DVD Patch File solution mentioned earlier in the thread is likely to resolve the problem?

Post #87170916th Dec 2011 1:22 pm
Flack

I would get the system checked first before applying anything a quick vehicle scan will soon tell you what ecu is failing to communicate with the most bus.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #87176616th Dec 2011 2:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
notanoriginalname

Ok thanks I will see if I can get in touch with geoff and get it tested

Post #87178016th Dec 2011 3:39 pm
k11rock

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Mariana BlackDiscovery 3
Sat Nav Frozen

Hi
I have a the same problem whereby the sat nav is frozen with the LR sign and there is no stereo sound. I have read the thread, but don't understand where to get the software patch and then what to do with it>
Anyone know?
cheers
G

Post #9874129th Oct 2012 4:56 pm
Flack

k11rock

Look in the Wiki section at the top of the page and try a hard reset it might just kick start your most loop back in to working..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #9874379th Oct 2012 6:45 pm
k11rock

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Mariana BlackDiscovery 3
Sat Nav frozen

Thanks very much Flack but unfortunately it didn't have the desired effect. Worth a try though. Any other ideas?

Post #98811111th Oct 2012 10:07 am
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Sorry to revive this old thread again.

Since having an issue with water ingress to the Transfer box ECU connectors on Xmas day which I sorted with Disco Mikeys online help - http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic87977.html - I've been having intermittent issues with my Sat Nav and Radio/CD.

The first thing that happened whilst reversing out of my drive was the volume on the radio suddenly wound itself down to 0 as if somebody had turned the knob, It even showed the movement on the radio screen.

All was OK for a couple of days then when I got in the car I had no control over the radio.
I could adjust the volume, but no other controls worked, could not change to CD etc or even change the radio station.

Again all was OK for a few days, then this evening I jumped in the car after work, started it up and found the Sat Nav screen stopped at the 'Land Rover' page, and although all controls on the Radio were working and I could swap to CD etc there was no sound, and turning the knob didn't even bring up the volume scale.
When I got home I turned it off, let the car go to sleep and afterwards it was fine again.

After serching the forum I'll be checking the wiring around the drivers seat rear left mounting point, but wondered if my recent ECU issues and multiple disconnect and reconnects of the battery could have effected anything likely to upset the MOST system.

Thanks

Nasher.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #10279682nd Jan 2013 10:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >