Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Scotland Road Trip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
alltnaha

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Agree with ronp save that I have seen a lot of people overnighting in laybys in NE Scotland and seemingly without a problem. Some land owners eg the Glenlivet Estate - part of the Crown Estate - will allow semi wild camping - tents not caravans - in certain places - see their website - and proper wild camping but for backpackers anywhere reasonable ie best hidden away and as they say arrive late and leave early and leave no sign you have been there..

Best to call any such estate first , but they do encourage visitors for the benefit of the local economy.

Rights of way law is very different to England and Wales which means some people do try and drive up the estate tracks.

Years ago I came across a German registered campervan parked in teh middle of the track to my cottage about a mile from the nearest road . He had managed to get across some rutted fields and through the ford but realised he could get no further. The owner told me he did wanted to stay there as he was " looking for nature " ! I explained that blocking a track was not a good idea no matter what he was looking for but to ask the farmers locally .

Post #102660931st Dec 2012 11:54 am
mal_NW

United Kingdom 

I stopped at Bowness caravan site and there were a few motor homes that came overnight every night and stopped on the side of the road for several nights, I though that was pretty cheeky as it was right next to the caravan site and was time restricted parking so they disappeared for the day and came back at night.
I've always stopped at sites but put solar panels and an inverter on the van and wanted to try a couple of nights without any hook up for a bit more adventure, it's not really wild camping with sky HD and underfloor heating Razz
 Also a member of avforums.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmjr/
Ex disco 3 owner - http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic87659.html 

Post #102677831st Dec 2012 4:11 pm
Paulhse

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Lochness area is simply stunning mate, Cant wait to go back again.

Post #103497814th Jan 2013 9:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >